Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? - 2/10/2018 4:45:28 PM   
Hoplite1963

I have been really impressed with the CSME upgrade and enjoying playing with it. At various times there has been discussion of what is planned for it by way of purchasable download content (DLC) with much of the recent discussion being around adding Iranians to cover the Iran/Iraq war in the reasonably near future.

However reference had also been made earlier to DLC covering the Indo/Pakistan Wars and cold war conflicts in Africa, Chad, Angola, Namibia and the horn of Africa etc.(I also notice that a lot of the formations for the later conflicts are already present in the databases for the generic pro east and pro west factions)

Is it planned that these latter conflicts and the content for them will form part of the same PDLC as the Iranians or will they form separate DLC sets coming out at a later point?

Many thanks
Ian
Post #: 1
RE: CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? - 2/10/2018 4:51:20 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hoplite1963

I have been really impressed with the CSME upgrade and enjoying playing with it. At various times there has been discussion of what is planned for it by way of purchasable download content (DLC) with much of the recent discussion being around adding Iranians to cover the Iran/Iraq war in the reasonably near future.

However reference had also been made earlier to DLC covering the Indo/Pakistan Wars and cold war conflicts in Africa, Chad, Angola, Namibia and the horn of Africa etc.(I also notice that a lot of the formations for the later conflicts are already present in the databases for the generic pro east and pro west factions)

Is it planned that these latter conflicts and the content for them will form part of the same PDLC as the Iranians or will they form separate DLC sets coming out at a later point?

Many thanks
Ian

Ian

I can't answer the DLC question(s), but... you, like me, are interested it seems into those 'nasty little wars'/colonial struggles in Africa I take it?

And yes, the 60s, in particular the Congo operations, would be quite a thing. A Mike Hore commandos DLC, incl. Kongo Müller?

Klink, Oberst

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 2/10/2018 4:52:41 PM >

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Hoplite1963)
Post #: 2
RE: CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? - 2/10/2018 4:52:58 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hoplite1963

Those conflicts would not be covered in a CS Middle East DLC. Rather, they would be core content, or perhaps a DLC, of an entirely separate game, CS Cold War. Which is a few years away.

Post #: 3
RE: CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? - 2/10/2018 5:13:34 PM   
Hoplite1963

Hi Berto
Thanks for the quick reply on this.

Regards
Ian

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 4
RE: CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? - 2/16/2018 3:35:19 PM   
Jason Petho

The first DLC for Middle East will cover the Iran-Iraq War.

Iran-Iraq War

That link provides some information.

The second DLC for Middle East hasn't been determined yet, but part of the African Bush Wars seems like an interesting subject.

India/Pakistan and Soviet/China DLC's would be suited for the future Campaign Series Cold War game.

Post #: 5
RE: CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? - 2/17/2018 1:06:22 AM   
Rosseau

So Vietnam is a separate game and closest to completion? Don't know how I missed that. All good, just keep the content coming!

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 6
RE: CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? - 2/17/2018 1:48:32 AM   
Jason Petho

Yes, Vietnam is a separate game and is planned to be out in the summer.

All going extremely well, of course.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> CS ME DLC what comes out when, and with what ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI