Helo Glitch A-I Wars #20

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

tula1959

Helo Glitch A-I Wars #20

Post by tula1959 »

Ran this one several times and the same issue each time! All the Egyptian forces enter aboard helos at altitude N - all can land and unload except one group!
This group is the 5th in the list of reinforcements (they enter at hex 0,6) - when try to go to G altitude it says "air units at G level can descend no lower" - it thinks they are already on the ground even tho the unit
says N and can move! When try to unload it says "cannot load/unload units above ground air level"!!! Want to know if others encounter the same thing here, I doubt it is particular to me!?

I can not seem to attach the saved in-progress file - keeps saying "fakepath"?? What am I doing wrong there?
Crossroads

RE: Helo Glitch A-I Wars #20

Post by Crossroads »

Thanks for reporting this, I will have a look at it!
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Thanks for reporting this

Indeed, the whole stack arrives at Ground level. This will be fixed for 2.01 UPDATE.

Meanwhile, please download an updated scenario from our Dropbox, unzip, and drop the SCN file to your \scenarios folder.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
tula1959

Post by tula1959 »

Thanks Crossroads! The replacement file works fine! I still do not understand how it is possible for the computer to think those helos are on the ground re elevation while it also thinks they are in the air???
Since they can enter and move and show N elevation they are NOT on the ground...while at the same time they can not descend and it thinks they are already on the ground!!! So odd indeed!!! ???
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

If they were loaded, it could be that one the passengers were on the ground while the helicopters were in the air.

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”