Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Question about 4E Bombing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Question about 4E Bombing Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Question about 4E Bombing - 2/17/2018 4:57:46 PM   
rustysi

Look, here's how I see it... The game/code (whatever) has limits/restrictions on what is reasonably possible and what is not. I doubt that there's an algorithm for each type of possible attack. i.e. Airfield, ground, city, navel, etc. So the code is designed to do what needs to happen within the limits of the game. What's that? City bombing. This was probably the most important aspect of history that needs to be reflected in the software. At least IRT the game. So the design is to focus on that, and get the rest to work reasonable well. This is my take on what Nicodemus was saying. JMHO YMMV

Now that said, I've no input to the code these are just my views and opinions. I have to say though that some things accomplished by the use of 4E bombers seem to be, shall I say 'over the top'. So if I or anyone else wishes to have some kind of HR to limit these things, why on earth should anyone else care? As long as players agree that is that. I'd also like to add that I would never ask another player for an HR that I would not accept if I were playing his/her side.

TBH in one of my games as Japan I decided to try city bombing myself, just to see a bit of what happens. If you ask me its way too easy to destroy a city. All I did was on occasion night bomb Calcutta with whatever occasional bomber group I had left doing nothing. No more than 25-30 aircraft every second or third night. Well within a rather shot period I had about one third of Calcutta reduced to ashes. I thought that it was pretty easy, but in game terms I thought it worked. As this is what happened to Japan, and in the end what needs to be accomplished in the long run. At least within the scope of the game.

There you have my thoughts and views. If it means I'm not your PBEM opponent, so be it.

Ciao

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 91
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Question about 4E Bombing Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI