German 44a TOE Update

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Bobbyaug07

German 44a TOE Update

Post by Bobbyaug07 »

Hi all - first time poster here, and fairly new to this fantastic game. I've been most impressed with the level of care that this game continues to receive - absolutely fantastic community of gamers here! Recently, I've been playing a 1942 German campaign and have reached early 1944 - the great German offensive of 1943 captured Moscow and Leningrad!

Anyway, I've noticed in the TOE updates that German infantry divisions scheduled to remain stronger with the "44a Infantry Division" TOE update in fact updated to the standard "44 Infantry Division" with several thousand less men. This is important because I wanted some of those key divisions assigned to critical areas of the front (or for reserve). I recall the 44a TOE working appropriately before the most recent update, and am wondering if something might have been missed here. Here's the pics of what I'm talking about:

Experiment with the 95th ID - first pic 11/13/43

Attachments
WITE43TOE.jpg
WITE43TOE.jpg (127.1 KiB) Viewed 45 times
Bobbyaug07

RE: German 44a TOE Update

Post by Bobbyaug07 »

Just tried to post the other 2 pics...system wouldn't let me. Sorry guys - truly a rookie here.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

This is an .exe induced change, if you don't have a certain level of manpower left in pool upon OB upgrade then the stronger OB gets downgraded to a lighter counterpart.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Bobbyaug07

Post by Bobbyaug07 »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

This is an .exe induced change, if you don't have a certain level of manpower left in pool upon OB upgrade then the stronger OB gets downgraded to a lighter counterpart.

Thank you, Denniss. For campaign planning purposes, do you know what the manpower level needs to be in order to maintain the higher/better TOEs? Also, is this manpower level need across all pools or is that level needed in the active pool?

If I'm hearing you right, it sounds like I would have been wiser to keep my max TOEs lower, and perhaps disband a couple of the reserve divisions or Luftwaffe divisions to keep that higher manpower level, correct?
Twigster

Post by Twigster »

Yes.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”