Repair Rail from Riga July 1941

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

fritzfarlig

Repair Rail from Riga July 1941

Post by fritzfarlig »

early 1941 july I want to repair rail from Riga port to Pskov but I can´t, why ?
Searry

RE: Repair Rail from Riga July 1941

Post by Searry »

What do you mean?
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
Dinglir

Post by Dinglir »

I guess that if the port is damaged and you do not have rail connections southwards, you will be unable to repair rail from Riga.
To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra
fritzfarlig

Post by fritzfarlig »

the port is not damage but I was thinking the same you have to start from the polish border
ringhloth

Post by ringhloth »

Yes, you cannot repair rail if it is too far from a railhead. Ports are sort of weird, but I believe that for rail repair they count as a rail head but don't "push" the railhead forward. Though, I've never tried using an on-map unit to do it - that's just what I've gathered from off-map units doing it.
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: ringhloth

Yes, you cannot repair rail if it is too far from a railhead. Ports are sort of weird, but I believe that for rail repair they count as a rail head but don't "push" the railhead forward. Though, I've never tried using an on-map unit to do it - that's just what I've gathered from off-map units doing it.
And gets even weirder. Ports auto rail repair even when not connected. And auto repair even works outwards from a repaired port not otherwise connected to the grid. Not sure why the difference between auto and manual repair.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
fritzfarlig

Post by fritzfarlig »

ok thanks guys always nice to help [;)]
I was hoping my AGN will get supply from Riga port and I want to repair the rail from Riga to the front
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: fritzfarlig
I was hoping my AGN will get supply from Riga port and I want to repair the rail from Riga to the front

Remember ports cannot supply until they are sufficiently repaired. And although Riga port can get sufficiently repaired quicker than others, it is still far more turns than it would take to rail repair up to Riga. Bottom line is it would not help even if you could repair rail outwards from a working port alone.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
tyronec

Post by tyronec »

You can repair the rail line to 5 hexes from the port but no further until it is linked back to the capital.
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”