Advanced Mission Planner (AMP)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Phoenix100

Advanced Mission Planner (AMP)

Post by Phoenix100 »

Just wondering if there's a time estimate for when this feature will be available?
HaughtKarl

RE: Advanced Strike Planner

Post by HaughtKarl »

SOON.
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Could be worse! [;)]

Attachments
leafwait.jpg
leafwait.jpg (121.32 KiB) Viewed 708 times
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
tango4

Post by tango4 »

+1 Here.
It is definitely THE feature I've been waiting for so long. Each time a new expansion is released I hope the time has come...
I really have trouble getting in the air part of the game because there are lots of things you can't plan before mission execution, and during complex engagements it requires a tremendous amount of micro management.
For example if you want a strike mission to use a certain route to target you have to wait for it to be airborne, then edit all the waypoints.
I really feel it's a pity that we don't have at least some of those features (for example being able to plan waypoints prior to launch, even if you have to synchronize different missions manually).
Now bear with me, this is not an angry post at all. I can only imagine that developing such a tool is like opening a big can of worms. And I am definitely impressed by the support the devs put into this game.
It is just my personal opinion and one of the reason I stay a bit away from complex air scenarii.

All the best.
Charles MOULIN
Cik

Post by Cik »

skeleton.gif
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

It was a serious question for the devs. I bought this game on day 1, and have since bought everything for it, expansions and LIVE modules, without, actually, being able as yet to really get into playing it, though I keep trying, keep coming back to it, keep watching the various videos, keep learning a little here and there. And I do realise how great it is. My slowness to get to grips with it is partly because I've wanted to do less - lazy me - in terms of the micro-management. So ever since the Advanced Strike Planner has been mentioned I've thought it would make a huge difference. To my interest, at any rate. I realise it's a complicated beast, but I was just wondering if there was any time-frame pencilled in, and whether that could be shared. I ask now, because, like someone else in a post above, each time a new expansion is mentioned I get a bit eager, thinking this will be it, then a bit disappointed it's not. So The Silent Service sounds great, but when I saw there was to be another expansion I was hoping THIS one would be the ASP. I understand the urge to joke about it, but it was a question for the devs, if they are able to share any meaningful info on this function's development?
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Says it all...

Attachments
Senseofe..entmeme.jpg
Senseofe..entmeme.jpg (52.29 KiB) Viewed 706 times
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

-Google search "Strike Planner"-

-first page results: warfaresims, matrixgames, subsim... CLOSP??!-

https://www.sbir.gov/sbirsearch/detail/824661

-done searching-
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

I know this has been on the burner for a long time. At this point your best mission planning tool remains the combo of pause, waypoints, range/bearing tool and some good spreadsheet skillz. I for one would be happy with a TOT tool that you could apply to units or attacks that would apply appropriate throttle settings to arrive at a given waypoint at a precise time or launch a selected attack to arrive at a given target at a given time if possible. But who knows?
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Your request has been noted [8D]

Please have some patience, it would be a big and terribly complex thing to make.

In your mind, what would a perfect 'Advanced Mission Planner' look like?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

I'd say it's like using a Outlook/Google Calendar. You can add, move, edit or merge some tasks to manage the window of opportunity.

Add also add "estimated time of next task -task name-" on the map info to let player see the upcoming plan(-s). As well as highlighting enemy targets with timer for when will the strike happens.

JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

The only additions to the strike planner that I would like is to tell the planes when and where to refuel and what altitudes to use for each leg of the strike.
Raptorx7_slith

Post by Raptorx7_slith »

At the very least we know its being worked on, so hang in there!
tango4

Post by tango4 »

I am not sure I am competent enough to say what a perfect mission planner would be.
But what I could say is what I miss the most that could be part of an advanced planner version 1.
As I said in my previous post I would really like to be able to specify the waypoints prior to mission start, and mission profile. So at least when the aircraft get airborne, I know what route they will fly, and at what altitudes. If possible as mentioned by someone else, being able to specify time on some waypoints would be awesome. Today, when launching a big strike, each time a group gets airborne, you have to hit pause, catch the group's icon on the map and edit the whole plan. I really feel this is cumbersome and very time consuming.
At least that would allow some of the work to be made prior to mission lauch, which could alleviate the workload while running the mission.
And even better, sharing a common waypoint between mission would be awesome to create a sort of "rally point" to synchronize missions.
I am really glad this is still worked on and will continue buying dlcs (even if I do not actually play them for those very reasons) because I really feel this dev team deserves support.

Thanks for asking Ragnar !

Best regards.

Charles MOULIN
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: Dysta

I'd say it's like using a Outlook/Google Calendar. You can add, move, edit or merge some tasks to manage the window of opportunity.

Add also add "estimated time of next task -task name-" on the map info to let player see the upcoming plan(-s). As well as highlighting enemy targets with timer for when will the strike happens.

Woah...

How would that work in detail?

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55

The only additions to the strike planner that I would like is to tell the planes when and where to refuel and what altitudes to use for each leg of the strike.

What would that look like in-game, you think?

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: tango4

I am not sure I am competent enough to say what a perfect mission planner would be.
But what I could say is what I miss the most that could be part of an advanced planner version 1.
As I said in my previous post I would really like to be able to specify the waypoints prior to mission start, and mission profile. So at least when the aircraft get airborne, I know what route they will fly, and at what altitudes. If possible as mentioned by someone else, being able to specify time on some waypoints would be awesome. Today, when launching a big strike, each time a group gets airborne, you have to hit pause, catch the group's icon on the map and edit the whole plan. I really feel this is cumbersome and very time consuming.
At least that would allow some of the work to be made prior to mission lauch, which could alleviate the workload while running the mission.
And even better, sharing a common waypoint between mission would be awesome to create a sort of "rally point" to synchronize missions.
I am really glad this is still worked on and will continue buying dlcs (even if I do not actually play them for those very reasons) because I really feel this dev team deserves support.

Thanks for asking Ragnar !

Best regards.

Charles MOULIN

I see, thanks [8D]

- Display a list of waypoints for each flight
- Ability to move waypoints
- Set speed and altitude
- Set times
- Set Rally points (aka Push Points)

Would this solve all your problems?

Airborne Rifles

Post by Airborne Rifles »

emsoy, not sure if this is helpful or not, but I was thinking the ability to execute a ToT for an attack executed in a single salvo by a single unit would be helpful in this vein.

For example, a Los-Angeles-class sub executing a missile attack with four Harpoons fired from its torpedo tubes will launch the missiles in sequence. The AI already automatically plots an off-axis attack for these weapons. Would it be possible for the AI take into account the time between launches and the weapons' cruise speed to plot a correspondingly shorter course for each successive launch? This could be available as a tick-box in the salvo allocation box of the attack dialogue, which already allows you to plot the course for single salvos of guided weapons. Or something along those lines.

Just an idea. Personally I think the difficulty in plotting complex attacks by multiple platforms and weapons is one the most educational and enjoyable parts of the sim.
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1733838503?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860
And our web site:
http://northernfury.us/
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks, I'm taking notes [8D]

- Time-on-target for missile strikes.

How would the player go about planning those strikes? Simultaneous ToT? Or slightly stacked, say 5-15 seconds? What if the target is mobile, like a ship at 30kt? What if weapons arrive at waypoints early or late? How is that handled in real life? Etc etc.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”