Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't get my Steam key - What now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Can't get my Steam key - What now? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't get my Steam key - What now? - 1/30/2018 8:23:56 AM   
Extricated

I'm really at a loss for words here. I've spent about 8 hours of my own time trying to get this resolved, spoken to numerous people at Matrix and Slitherine, and spoken to support, and everyone's fobbed me off with "go to support", at which point support have been unapologetically useless.

I'm going to summarise for the sake of convenience as well as getting any obvious questions out the way: I bought Distant Worlds: Universe (DRM-Free) a while ago and had no issues whatsoever playing it - I've recently formatted and upgraded to Windows 10, and the other night I decided it was time to grab my Steam key. I logged into Slitherine's website and, despite the game showing there recently, had no record of the game being in my account. I was charged for the purchase at the time and know it went through and wasn't refunded, so I have no idea why it's disappeared.

Support have flat out said they can't help, and various staff members have either blanked me or told me to go to support - Is anyone able to help me with getting this sorted or do I just have to hold out for a 75% off sale and re-buy it, essentially under duress?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't get my Steam key - What now? - 1/30/2018 8:40:25 AM   
zakblood

all you had or have to do is register your site key on the account under your name, then as soon as it's registered, you can manually yourself upgrade it to a steam key in your support login as per link

http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

and guide,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4290024

and then to make or get a steam key for any game on your account, eg the ones your registered etc,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4092711

hope that helps, if not, pm me and i'll dig a bit deeper, sorry again you are having issues and welcome to the forum and board

(in reply to Extricated)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't get my Steam key - What now? - 1/30/2018 8:46:04 AM   
Extricated

Nope, no luck - Will shoot you a PM now

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't get my Steam key - What now? - 1/30/2018 9:47:31 AM   
zakblood

replied

(in reply to Extricated)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Can't get my Steam key - What now? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI