Am thinking of buying this

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

AndySfromVA

Am thinking of buying this

Post by AndySfromVA »

At one time I owned PG1, Allied General, Pacific General, PG2, People's General and PG3d. All of them became unplayable as I upgraded my computer. I recently purchased a new version of PG2 for Windows 10 and remembered how much I love the PG series. So now I'm intrigued by Panzer Corps. My question is which version should I purchase - plain vanilla PC? One of the stand-alone expansions? PC Gold? Wait for PC 2 (might be a long wait)?

I'd appreciate the advice.
Cataphract88

RE: Am thinking of buying this

Post by Cataphract88 »

I've played Panzer Corps since it first came out and I still do. It's a great game, and I don't think you can go far wrong buying the Gold Edition, which contains all of the expansions.

Hope this helps.
Richard
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I have been playing it since it came out. I play over ten hours a week and get the Gold. I love this game and I just love obliterating units, just fun, plus you can take your time. Like now, I have a 10.5 artillery piece with a range of four hexes. I protect this unit closely.

Great games plus mods
AndySfromVA

Post by AndySfromVA »

Thanks for the advice.
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

I have a related question, and a delicate one as well somehow;

a few months ago i purchased, and played a lot, Order of Battle;

because of the recent sale campaign of Slitherine, I noticed the existence of Panzer corps;

having thus watched some gameplay from youtube, I wonder and share with you community, what the difference between this and Order of Battle;

clearly they are both similar (thus one could ask himself, why did the reciprocal teams develop two games that similar), with exactly the very same scope and derived from Panzer/Allied General series;

sincerely, from what I see, Panzer Corps looks nicer (to me), in terms of interface;

any of your thoughts?

AndySfromVA

Post by AndySfromVA »

I eventually purchased Panzer Corps and Allied Corps and Soviet Corps. They are all fantastic titles.

I tried out Order of Battle but didn't like it as well. The graphics are nice but the units are too small and get lost in the background. It's a more complicated game in general and doesn't have the ease of play of Panzer Corps. If you really like Order of Battle you might find Panzer Corps to be too simplistic.
terminator

Post by terminator »

ORIGINAL: AndySfromVA

I eventually purchased Panzer Corps and Allied Corps and Soviet Corps. They are all fantastic titles.

I tried out Order of Battle but didn't like it as well. The graphics are nice but the units are too small and get lost in the background. It's a more complicated game in general and doesn't have the ease of play of Panzer Corps. If you really like Order of Battle you might find Panzer Corps to be too simplistic.
In Order of Battle WWII, there are different graphic options to better see the units :

(Zoom max + Player colours Unit Accenting Glow + Large unit scale)

Attachments
Screenshot165.jpg
Screenshot165.jpg (358.28 KiB) Viewed 727 times
Rick402

Post by Rick402 »

this is an AMAZING GAME! ALL of Matrix/Slitherenes games are Awesome!
AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

ORIGINAL: AndySfromVA

At one time I owned PG1, Allied General, Pacific General, PG2, People's General and PG3d. All of them became unplayable as I upgraded my computer. I recently purchased a new version of PG2 for Windows 10 and remembered how much I love the PG series. So now I'm intrigued by Panzer Corps. My question is which version should I purchase - plain vanilla PC? One of the stand-alone expansions? PC Gold? Wait for PC 2 (might be a long wait)?

I'd appreciate the advice.

[X(]How, where did you purchase PG2 for Windows 10!!! I would give my left something to own that game again
AndySfromVA

Post by AndySfromVA »

I bought PG2 and Pacific General on GOG.
AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

I have a related question, and a delicate one as well somehow;

a few months ago i purchased, and played a lot, Order of Battle;

because of the recent sale campaign of Slitherine, I noticed the existence of Panzer corps;

having thus watched some gameplay from youtube, I wonder and share with you community, what the difference between this and Order of Battle;

clearly they are both similar (thus one could ask himself, why did the reciprocal teams develop two games that similar), with exactly the very same scope and derived from Panzer/Allied General series;

sincerely, from what I see, Panzer Corps looks nicer (to me), in terms of interface;

any of your thoughts?

Basically, OoB is a more detailed (and thus complicated) game in that it incorporates Supporting fire by AT, AA, and artillery. But most important, it addresses logistical support which is essential for blitzkrieg/maneuver warfare. PC allows any unit anywhere to essentially resupply/rebuild making it a game of attrition. A problem with OoB is that you can not redesign the scenarios to fit historical accuracy.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Get the game on sale, still playing, in 1945 campaign.

Return to “Panzer Corps”