Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tourney Game #1: KZ (Allies) vs Lv34Mika (Axis)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> Tourney Game #1: KZ (Allies) vs Lv34Mika (Axis) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tourney Game #1: KZ (Allies) vs Lv34Mika (Axis) - 1/29/2018 8:38:24 PM   
KorutZelva

Heya...

They tourney tread was kind of stalling so I figured best way to drum up some interest was to actually get it started.

Details be damned!

Basically, Lv34Mika and I are are duking it out to figure out who's going to be ground level and who's going to be first floor of the Pyramid.

I encourage players wishing to participate to do the same and pick an opponent and start from there. Expert players might want to wait up the results of the first batch of games and challenge the winner of the first rounds of play to expediate the pyramid building process.

Game 1: WAAR like an egyptian (KZ (Allies) vs Lv34Mika (Axis) v.1.11) GameID100092

I'm playing allies in this contest.

Interesting battle in poland. German bypass the poles and the poles reply by marching west and north. They encounter airfields but don't do much damage. A couple of german cities are sacked including Breslau.

After two turns, report show the german not spending their money on units, research or diplomacy. Saving for a HQ perhaps? (unless unit upgrades are not counted in unit spendings?) Or to operate everything west in a moment's notice?

Situation on turn 1

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/19/2018 8:36:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 1/30/2018 5:23:44 AM   
Amadeus

I wanna take part, if you organize it sign me in.

"You have to practice what you preach"(RONALD BELFORD SCOTT)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 2
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 1/30/2018 6:22:17 AM   
Fafnir

I would be in too.

(in reply to Amadeus)
Post #: 3
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 1/30/2018 10:48:23 AM   
KorutZelva

I would strongly suggest to find an opponent and just start from there. We'll record games results and tourney tally somewhere at some point. Anybody wants to be in charge of updating a tourney tread? Someone at Matrix maybe?

=====

Question: Do unit outside the country count for the calculation of surviving the lost of the capital?

(in reply to Fafnir)
Post #: 4
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/1/2018 1:26:28 PM   
KorutZelva

Poland fell in three turns.

Entering into 1940 no diplo chit were bought on either side, Germany took a 200 tech chit in December and the rest (including allies) is all unit spending.

If I was to hazard a guess on Germany's shopping list it would be Manstein, one tac, one fighter (or a tank).

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/1/2018 5:14:16 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 5
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/1/2018 4:48:57 PM   
LLv34Mika

Poland has fallen! It is pretty quiet in the west. Here and there a minor skirmish along the Maginot Line and some raids on merchant ships in the Atlantic Ocean. A british heavy cruiser was spotted and attacked. Our brave men in the U-Boat were able to dive away again. Waiting submerged to see if the Royal Navy has some destroyers near to drop some depth charges.

France declared war too so if there is no chance for peace the OKW might be forced to set up a plan to deal with the western allies. There are many options how to do that but of course this is top secret.

Btw, this is my first (sic!) game as Axis in SC3. I've played SC2 for several years and started a few games with the Allies (all lost so far, hehe). Only played the Axis online so better expect some very strange moves. Well, may be that means that it is hard to predict what my crazy mind is planning.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 6
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/3/2018 2:51:49 PM   
KorutZelva

1940/4/25

The phoney war is no more! German seize the Metz fortress. Belgians lets out a sigh of relief hoping this means their territory will be spared being dragged into another world war.

Interestingly, the french lose heart when the Maginot line is flanked but not when it is pierced!

First german sub down.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/3/2018 3:33:59 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 7
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/3/2018 3:59:09 PM   
KorutZelva

1940/5/17

Belgium reprieve is short lived.

A skeleton crew is left at the maginot line as the French forces trade land for time.

Germany reveal having gone for 3 paratroop unit.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/3/2018 4:02:32 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 8
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 6:28:15 AM   
KorutZelva

June 8, 1941

With the treaty of friendship declined, Germany passed on Lithuania as not to arouse Stalin's suspicion. The USSR marched into Bessarabia and the baltic state, taking Lithuania for good measure for compensation of finland remaining in Germany's sphere of influence.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/4/2018 6:30:34 AM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 9
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 7:37:07 AM   
LLv34Mika

July 40

The Netherlands and Belgium were not able to stop the Germans. A bit southeast German forces pierced the Maginot Line and captured some cities. Several French armies will not be able to assist defending Paris.

German losses are not very high but it is possible that combined attacks of French and British forces will cause some casualties. The OKW is not sure if they will attempt to launch a counter attack. It would mean that they have to leave entrenched positions what could lead to an even faster approach to Paris.

To the big surprise of the German Generalsstab the British reinforced the BEF with anti air units. Two were spotted so far but one is already destroyed. This could mean that there are not enough defending forces left as soon as France surrenders. This option is still worth thinking about it.

Von Rundstedt expects further retreats of French forces towards Paris. It is still questionable if the British forces will retreat to Paris too or try to escape to their home island.

In the Atlantic one U-Boat was sunk after a long hunt. More forces are still operating in sections AH18 and AF27 (enigma codes)

We will see how this works out but the strongest resistance is broken, the French front is collapsing, morale down and therefore the German advance should gain more speed in the next days of war. There will be no rush to Paris if that risks higher losses but the plan is to see France surrendering by the end of July or in the first week of August.

The next operations are already planned...

Attachment (1)

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 10
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 9:01:47 AM   
KorutZelva

1940/6/30

Mon centre cède, ma gauche recule, situation excellente, j'attaque!
-Maxime Weygand, 1940 (Channeling his inner WWI Foch)

The allied airforce that had inconspicuously stayed silent during the first stage of the invasion finally spring into action, temporarily wrestling air supremacy away from the Luftwaffe. Heavy damage are inflicted to belgium airfield and to the Panzer corp near Calais. While the german panzer crew were still dazed from the aerial onslaught, the french counter attacked with their Char b1-bis (led by Captain Pierre Bilotte), exposing the inadequacy of german tank design. Guderian narrowly escaped capture when his unit was overrun.

The Race to the sea was stopped.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/4/2018 8:05:17 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 11
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 6:48:49 PM   
KorutZelva

July 1940

France slowly wilts under the Axis grinder. The BEF is routed by concentrated attacks from two panzer corps but gives a bloody nose to the enemy in the process forcing them to withdraw to refit. The strong french tank presence forces the German to a cautious and methodical approach. Corps are sent to pin down the tanks. It is a dangerous assignment and one corp is destroyed.

Italy entry in the war puts the french under unbearable pressure and the defense of the capital is given precedence so there is little to stand before them.

Aug 11, 1940

German restore back their air supremacy and use it to destroy one of the French tank unit. France still has some fight in her and take down a second german corp.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/4/2018 6:56:13 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 12
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 7:58:27 PM   
KorutZelva

Aug 25th 1940

Final stand around Paris...

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 13
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 8:23:21 PM   
Taxman66

You built a tank for France?

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 14
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 8:52:58 PM   
KorutZelva

Yeah an additional heavy tank. That's pretty much the only unit they have that can fight the Germans on even terms.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 15
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 10:48:31 PM   
Taifun

What were UK unit losses in France?
I like the idea of a second tank corps but still prefer 2AA units as they can really hurt the aerial attacks...

La clé est l'état d'esprit

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 16
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/4/2018 10:59:25 PM   
KorutZelva

Pretty steep: 2 corps, 1 army, 1 AA. Trading blood for time... 1 AA and the HQ escaped.

I find Un-upgraded AA in the base game pretty underwhelming vs air (however surprisingly sturdy vs land unit). They aren't as effective as in Crispy's mod.

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 17
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/5/2018 3:48:42 PM   
LLv34Mika

September 1st, 1940

One year after the war begun - France surrendered. It was a hard fight. France put all effort in building new heavy tanks and indeed, it was almost impossible to destroy these monsters. On the other hand the British sent much more than just the expected BEF forces. And to our big surprise they did not leave when Axis powers approached.

The downside for the Axis was that it took several weeks more to take down the French. The good thing was that big parts of the BEF were destroyed in France and the Island is not safe anymore. Will there be an invasion now? There is not much time left and it will upset Russia and the USA. But Britain is weak at the moment. The Kriegsmarine and the Luftwaffe are ready. Will Great Britain face the danger and send ships to the channel to prevent an invasion? Or will they stay back and hope for a home guard that is strong enough.

Now it will be interesting how the British are fighting in North Africa. They preferred to dig in near el Alamein and are waiting for the DAK. Italy is eager to advance but they were convinced to stay away and wait for German support. Italy sees the danger of a possible trap and a few weeks more or less won't make a big difference in Africa.

But some surprises will come up soon...

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 18
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/5/2018 4:36:58 PM   
KorutZelva

Indeed the allies have noticed subs gathering in the Netherlands and around Kiel... They also have 3 paradrop which are Sealion friendly. However, I expect Malta to be next. The reasoning is that the german army needs a refit and by the time it got into position for Sealion it would be too late in the year to consider due to weather concerns.

Weary german forces...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/5/2018 8:06:38 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 19
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/5/2018 9:36:19 PM   
WarBaron

What tournament? I'd love to play in a tournament!

Birdman

It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 20
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/5/2018 9:41:52 PM   
WarBaron

So is this tournament being run by Matrix? Is there a tournament site hosted somewhere?

Who is keeping track of the ladder?

http://www.ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com/ Has SC3 listed as a ladder game. They will keep stats for members of that wargaming club who are members. They also have a facebook page but you need to join at the main site. Follow the directions to join exactly as described and it goes without a hitch.

My apologies if posting that link is not allowed.

Birdman

It's just like shooting squirrels, only these squirrels have guns

(in reply to WarBaron)
Post #: 21
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/6/2018 12:23:04 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: birde

What tournament? I'd love to play in a tournament!

Find someone to tango and start a game. We'll build up the pyramid has we go.

(in reply to WarBaron)
Post #: 22
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/7/2018 1:13:07 PM   
KorutZelva

I haven't seen a fourth German HQ and with Lv34Mika talk of crazy scheme there is a possibility that the pricey unit he saved up for at the beginning of the game is a German Carrier. Buying it before the completion of Plan Z allows Germany to eventually go over the maximum and have two when Plan Z is completed in Jan 1942.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 23
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/8/2018 7:28:53 PM   
KorutZelva

I'll be away from home for a couple of days. In the meanwhile, graphs!

Costy times on both sides...

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 24
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/11/2018 7:53:14 PM   
KorutZelva

14 Oct 1940, the battle of Britain starts

Germany bombards to bits the newly reconstituted BEF in Dover. Luftwaffe and RAF pilots suffer high casualty rates, which airforce will blink first?

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/11/2018 7:54:27 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 25
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/14/2018 7:56:39 AM   
KorutZelva

German subs screening the English channel... Looks like Sealion is a go, waiting for good weather. German capital ships based in the low countries snipped a destroyer.

Lv34Mika using the tried and true strategy of spacing his turns so much that I forget want I intended to buy next.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/14/2018 11:36:13 AM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 26
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/14/2018 4:04:32 PM   
LLv34Mika

November 1940

nothing happens... the DAK is on its way to north africa but the channel between France and GB is quiet. The German generals are discussing a relocation of the Luftwaffe to capture Malta. Still no decision made. Other opinions say the Luftwaffe should stay and wait for better weather. Maybe there will be an opportunity to launch Operation Seeloewe and even if not there might be the chance to sink the Royal Navy where the people of southern England can see it.

Joachim von Ribbentrop is still in Spain trying to convince Franco to join the war. If the succeeds before summer 1941 that might be a turning point after the late defeat of France.

@KorutZelva

got it... I'll try to make my turns a bit faster.
Always depends on work, wife and son. That are the three things that keep me away from tennis, golf and gaming. But what should I say? I made my choice. But I'll try to speed it up as good as possible.

< Message edited by LLv34Mika -- 2/14/2018 4:07:07 PM >

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 27
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/14/2018 9:20:15 PM   
KorutZelva

Skirmish between a German destroyer vs elite str 12 UK sub off the coast of Denmark.

The sub gets the best of the exchange 6 to 2.

German raiding of UK convoy have started again on a small scale. Scouting reveals a German bomber still in northern France...

Iraq hasn't fired despite the Italian incursion in Egypt, I guess patch 1.11 requires German units presence to trigger?

German tech spending lags the UK's, as German factories are busy churning out units. Italy hasn't bought one tech chit so far...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/15/2018 5:19:50 AM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 28
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/15/2018 5:16:32 AM   
KorutZelva

December 17th, 1941

What's up, guys?

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 2/15/2018 5:17:16 AM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 29
RE: Tourney Game #1: KZ vs Lv34Mika - 2/15/2018 12:35:47 PM   
KorutZelva

Takeaways:

The Good:

Advanced aircraft and Ground attack at 1 will make it hard to Sealion if he goes for it now, especially for the latter since only the medium bomber would be able to deliver de-entrenching by air.

The Bad:

Tech level 2 in infantry and 1 in long range aircraft is bad news for everybody. His subs just retreated to port, seeing that they are still lvl 0, it's probably to upgrade.

The Ugly:

If Germany wants the island, it could probably get it. But I believe I'm well positioned to make it prohibitively expensive.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> Tourney Game #1: KZ (Allies) vs Lv34Mika (Axis) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI