Strategic Command v1.12 is now available

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Benedict151

Strategic Command v1.12 is now available

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello everyone,
Following the release of 1.11 major upgrade a few additional issues came to light and these have now been addressed, the most significant perhaps being fixing a couple of stubborn PBEM bugs. There are also a few campaign
amendments, mainly for the British in the 1939 & 40 campaigns. The full change list is listed below

v1.12 is compatible with save games from v1.11 (and earlier versions back to 1.04)
v1.12 is a comprehensive update (so you don't need to have previously installed v1.11 etc.)

Strategic Command v1.12 is available from here :

Members Area:
http://www.matrixgames.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=504

And from the public area :
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Strategi ... -v1.12.zip

Or of course via the check for updates button on the launcher

v1.12 – January 24, 2018

- Fixed a PBEM++ game error for new games started and where the game could not find DAT files.
- Fixed a PBEM++ game error for users with a space character in their names.
- Fixed a unit count reporting error that had Maritime Bombers included in the LAND totals and not the AIR totals in the REPORTS screen.
- Fixed a Strategic Bomber combat error that did not include, in some cases, Strategic Bombing losses in the Graphs calculation and reporting screens.
- Fixed a convoy raiding error for some unique cases when aircraft were set to raid convoys.
- Fixed an AI air combat error that allowed the AI to target naval units in stormy sea hexes.

Campaigns
- 1939 and 1940 campaigns - Operation Mercury POP UP amended so that it only fires if there is a German unit in Crete (Vichyssoise).
- 1939; 1940 and 1941 campaigns - CONDITION_POSITION for DECISION 354 amended so there is only one check for there being no Axis units in Greenland (MrLongleg).

1939 Campaign
- The UK's starting MPPs increased from 100 to 125.
- The British Fighters that arrive in the Production Queue in May 1940 now arrive with Full Research.
- A half strength Fighter is added to the Production Queue to arrive in mid-August 1940. This will arrive without any Research upgrades, so that it represents Hurricane production.
- The starting strength of O'Connor HQ in Egypt is increased from 8 to 10.

1940 Campaign
- No.11 Fighters near Oxford upgraded to have Full Research.
- A half strength Fighter is added to the Production Queue to arrive in mid-August 1940. This will arrive without any Research upgrades, so that it represents Hurricane production.
Taxman66

RE: Strategic Command v1.12 is now available

Post by Taxman66 »

Forgive my ignorance, my experience was inly with a beta to official version jump, not sure how this works between official versions.

1) Are ongoing 1.11 PBEM games still viable?

2) Does the 'compatable with previous saves' apply to PBEM? (Presuming both sides update to 1.12)

3) I presume that starting force changes and reinforcement changes are not retroactive for games beyond the start or reinforcement date. For example: July 1940 turn, the UK will not receive the extra 25 at start MPP, nor an MPP refund for the 2 points of HQ reinforcement, nor the Tech improvement for the May 1940 fighters. But will have the August 1940 half strength fighters added to the production queue?
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Taxman,

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) None of the campaign changes will take effect until a new game is started with the new version v1.12

Hope this helps,
Hubert
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Ok thanks.

Is there any timing issue on both players updating?

At some point a turn will be completed with 1.11 and have to be started with 1.12.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
ikrananka

Post by ikrananka »

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

At some point a turn will be completed with 1.11 and have to be started with 1.12.

The PBEM server forces you to update to v1.12. When I tried to join an ongoing v1.11 game I was prompted to update to v1.12 with no option of continuing otherwise.

I updated to v1.12 and played my turn with no issues.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

To update a user created mod campaign (i.e. base game with just graphic modifications) do I need to delete the mod and start over, or can I just replace the Scripts folder?

Thanks in advance.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Just copying it over should be fine unless they have made major changes, so to be sure you could delete it, but I think it would be rare for copying over not to suffice.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Thanks I figured it out myself. Since the mods were just graphical changes it was fine.

Now if only I could get the modded game to pull pictures from the media file in the mod campaign folder instead of the base game I would be golden.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

1939 Campaign
- The British Fighters that arrive in the Production Queue in May 1940 now arrive with Full Research.

I haven't gotten to 8/40 yet, but here it looks as if the half strength Fighter is upgraded.

Attachments
112.jpg
112.jpg (24.95 KiB) Viewed 396 times
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks I figured it out myself. Since the mods were just graphical changes it was fine.

Now if only I could get the modded game to pull pictures from the media file in the mod campaign folder instead of the base game I would be golden.

If the mod is just a copy of the original campaign, let's say using 'Save As' in the Editor to save a custom copy in your Windows USER folder (even if you didn't make any campaign changes), then I would repeat this process to 'Save As' again to re-save the latest into your Windows USER folder for the game, and then re-apply your modded graphics over top of that.

The only reason I suggest this is that if you just copy over the scripts you don't get the latest 'campaign' changes, and just copying over the scripts doesn't ensure that they have been compiled into the customized campaign either. All this means is that the last set of scripts will still be running as the campaign has compiled them into the campaign itself.

Hopefully this makes sense,
Hubert
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Ok. Thank you.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

I see what you mean here as the game does check in the default Media folder first, and then the custom campaign subfolder Media folder second.

One way around this, for now, is to rename your custom media files and then rename them in the relative scripts of your customized campaign. After that you'll need to re-open your customized camapign and re-compile the scripts, but that should do the trick for you.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

ORIGINAL: gingerbread

1939 Campaign

I haven't gotten to 8/40 yet, but here it looks as if the half strength Fighter is upgraded.

Hi Gingerbread,

Thanks for the feedback and it looks like the 'Full Research (Upon Arrival)' check box was left accidentally ticked for this one, I'll ask Bill to confirm.

Hubert
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Yes, the full research option has somehow stayed on in some of the campaigns. The Allied player can consider that an unintended bonus.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

Some observations from my last two games:

Sometimes, when I attack a sub by air, it suddenly disappears from the map after the attack (even though it remains in the same spot). That might be ok for a single sub, but if there is a group of two or more subs nearby, all subs disappear.

The map koften ind of shows a messed up display if you move to the lower parts of it (Iraq, Persia, Saudi Arabia). The the mushed up disply only gets a correction if you scroll up north and back south again (or by clicking into the mini map to a different location).

Greece and Albania should fall to Germany just like Italy once Italy decide to pull out of the war and Germany moves in, no matter if Greece or any other neutral country did surrender to Italy (The germans would have take care of this situation). Maybe it would be best if Italy wouldn't be able to conquer anything on its own, being a puppet of the Germans once theyb invited them to help them in their own war (Greece, North Africa, ...). Would be a nice Decision Event as well ("Do you want to ask the Germans for help" to get the "free" Afrika Korps, but if you say yes, kiss good bye to all Italian dreams of the old Roman Empire, as it will be replaced by the German Empires dreams).

In my last game against the Axis AI some parts of northern Finland turned green. I guess the AI moved an italian Air unit into a norther Finland city, and than Finland had to surrender to the Russians. One or two turns later Italy surrendered to the Allies, but the color in northern finlands map remained green.
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I've been getting the screen tearing in the far south egypt area too since I installed the game (v 1.10). It usually happens by rapid scrolling. Not if I jump there from the mini map.

Didn't think much of it since it is easily fixed.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”