Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1275psi vs Miller

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: DanSez, NigelKentarus
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: 1275psi vs Miller Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1275psi vs Miller - 2/19/2018 12:29:35 PM   
Lowpe

Well, the problem I see with the decisive battle tactic is that the Allies need only one win one decisive battle, and Japan needs to win about 6 of them decisively and consecutively.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 31
RE: 1275psi vs Miller - 2/19/2018 6:10:41 PM   
mind_messing

Miller did the exact same against me at Singapore, and I was pretty poor in responding to it.

What you need to do now is concentrate your air power. Get every Zero and Oscar (Nates are deathtraps) that can fly over to Malaya, and sweep, sweep and sweep some more. The Allies are remarkably brittle in the early war months - sustained combat will empty their pools very quickly.

Break his fighter strength with your own fighters, forget about bombing for the present, and keep your air power concentrated. Miller's strategy works only if he can locally outnumber you - if you're sweeping him with 100 Zeros or Oscars and then following it with bombing raids, he can't compete. It may slow you down in some areas but that's offset by the early depletion of Allied fighter pools

(in reply to 1275psi)
Post #: 32
RE: 1275psi vs Miller - 2/19/2018 7:30:25 PM   
AlessandroD

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1275psi

...As Japan I am going to try a tactic I personally have not seen on the AARs, but that
has worked twice now with allied concessions late 42
Japan will only sieze DEI, Burma, Darwin, and as far south I will go is Hollandia, horn island.
All those troops usually used for Solomons and Port Moresby will go into a ready reaction
counterattack, and to fortify a much reduced defensive ring

And the fleet , the fleet will wait for one great decisive battle............

Another one interested to see this tactic, good luck!

(in reply to 1275psi)
Post #: 33
RE: 1275psi vs Miller - 2/20/2018 1:09:08 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Well, the problem I see with the decisive battle tactic is that the Allies need only one win one decisive battle, and Japan needs to win about 6 of them decisively and consecutively.

+1

Pax

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: 1275psi vs Miller Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI