Who misses air units in this game?

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

spinecruncher

Who misses air units in this game?

Post by spinecruncher »

I think I am having trouble getting into this title like the other DC titles because sometimes I need extra help and recon with air. I still think the developer missed the boat not having it. Any one else agree?
pierreoza

RE: Who misses air units in this game?

Post by pierreoza »

No it's abstracted in the game.
spinecruncher

Post by spinecruncher »

Which makes little sense. In Case Blue you can have recon at least plus a tactical affect. I think it was an experiment never again to be repeated.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

No dogfights, no reconnaissance missions, no statistics and more data, no additional graphics. Yes, I miss the Luftwaffe a bit already.

But I can live well with the abstraction of the artillery.
mikematotski

Post by mikematotski »

I admit I misses the possibility to transfer air power between the 3 armygroups.
About the artillery, I would liked to have the possibility to give it also to all the units in an armygroup with less effectiveness.
Reconnaissance should also have a bigger impact on battles and I would really liked if they they could implement some kind of battle events during the fight like the "Hearts Of Iron" series have.

Otherwise I really like the abstraktion on both airpower and artillery. To minimize the micromanagement is just the way to go.

Cheers

Mike
Jakse

Post by Jakse »

Replaying Warsaw to Paris and Case Blue makes me not miss them anymore. The amount of control you have is nice for breakthroughs, but with corps HQ, artillery at division and army level, and engineering units on top of the regimental scale, there were just so many counters to push. Barbarossa is just smoother with the abstraction.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”