Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What would you want in War in the Pacific 3?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: What would you want in War in the Pacific 3? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What would you want in War in the Pacific 3? - 2/17/2018 8:25:31 PM   
larrybush

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

Basically, I think I would want the ability to simply be able to play the game more quickly, by helping me focus on the decisions I need to make, as opposed to micromanaging every variable that goes into those decisions.

And that is an entirely different game.

Not really - Just have a range of options both sides can choose from menus to allow for total control and detail to staff assistance helping. Have it both ways, bring some new folks into the game...

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 121
RE: What would you want in War in the Pacific 3? - 2/17/2018 8:37:10 PM   
ericv

I agree. More people in the game equals more funds. Program it in such a way, that micromanagement still pays off.

(in reply to larrybush)
Post #: 122
RE: What would you want in War in the Pacific 3? - 2/18/2018 3:03:33 AM   
jc4751

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

Basically, I think I would want the ability to simply be able to play the game more quickly, by helping me focus on the decisions I need to make, as opposed to micromanaging every variable that goes into those decisions.

And that is an entirely different game.

Why? Any game is a matter of simply moving the slider in one direction or the other. No reason that there can't be some things done to make the game more accessible to people who don't have unlimited time to put into it.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 123
RE: What would you want in War in the Pacific 3? - 2/18/2018 3:48:08 AM   
BillBrown

The two things I would ask for is no slots in the databases, open ended relational databases, and little or no hard coded data, put the data in the scenario files so it is available to be moded.

(in reply to jc4751)
Post #: 124
RE: What would you want in War in the Pacific 3? - 2/18/2018 8:32:34 AM   
RichardAckermann

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

The two things I would ask for is no slots in the databases, open ended relational databases, and little or no hard coded data, put the data in the scenario files so it is available to be moded.

+1 for anti hardcoding. Modding friendly and quite easy to do. Currently, I have as little hardcoded as restricting kamikaze to Japan.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: What would you want in War in the Pacific 3? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI