Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FITE 2 Advice

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> FITE 2 Advice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FITE 2 Advice - 1/26/2018 8:41:08 AM   
cantona2

I need some adivce please.

It is the start of turn 8 and I have a couple of theater options. One is to disband the 1941 mechanised formations and the other is to centralise the artillery. Can some one shed some light on the effects of each please?

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Post #: 1
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 1/26/2018 10:01:47 AM   
btd64

You may want to read the document that comes with the scenario....GP

Intel i7 3.4GHz,8GB Ram,1920x1080 rez

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DW Series-Beta Tester
TotS-Alpha Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 2
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 1/26/2018 3:52:10 PM   
cantona2

I have and the TO's refer to changes in the OOB; I cannot find anything referring to the OOB anywhere in the documentation

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 1/26/2018 4:25:55 PM   
loveman1

To be honest I cant remember what the effects were right away I think I did both these options and the mechanised forces I think disappear but cannot be certain. One thing I am certain of is that by 1943 you will have a plethora of mechanised units and artillery by the ton.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 4
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 1/26/2018 4:41:05 PM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: loveman1

To be honest I cant remember what the effects were right away I think I did both these options and the mechanised forces I think disappear but cannot be certain. One thing I am certain of is that by 1943 you will have a plethora of mechanised units and artillery by the ton.

I need to survive until 1943!

(in reply to loveman1)
Post #: 5
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 1/26/2018 6:08:21 PM   
btd64

In the file theirs a document called FITE2 short briefing. In that document there is a description of all of the theater options. This description starts about three or four pages in....GP

Intel i7 3.4GHz,8GB Ram,1920x1080 rez

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DW Series-Beta Tester
TotS-Alpha Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 6
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 1/26/2018 6:48:46 PM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

In the file theirs a document called FITE2 short briefing. In that document there is a description of all of the theater options. This description starts about three or four pages in....GP

Yes it does but it makes reference to the OOB and to check there as to which units withdraw when the respective TO is activated. Cannot find that OOB anywhere.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 7
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 1/26/2018 8:28:00 PM   
TPOO

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

quote:

Yes it does but it makes reference to the OOB and to check there as to which units withdraw when the respective TO is activated. Cannot find that OOB anywhere.

All of the units in the Mechanized Corps (About 28 of them) will withdraw and will be replaced by 19 Rifle Divisions, 28 Tank Brigades, 7 recon units, 1 Cav. Div, 1 Heavy Tank Div. and 1 Tank Div. and 1 Guards motor div. They will appear at various locations on the map. Do you need a list of the exact units?

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 8
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 1/27/2018 7:22:58 AM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPOO

quote:

quote:

All of the units in the Mechanized Corps (About 28 of them) will withdraw and will be replaced by 19 Rifle Divisions, 28 Tank Brigades, 7 recon units, 1 Cav. Div, 1 Heavy Tank Div. and 1 Tank Div. and 1 Guards motor div. They will appear at various locations on the map. Do you need a list of the exact units?

Yes please and thanks. Is the TO only available during turn 8?

(in reply to TPOO)
Post #: 9
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 3/2/2018 1:58:58 PM   
Waltz

Did you ever get this information?

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 10
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 3/3/2018 1:45:40 PM   
cantona2

no

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 11
RE: FITE 2 Advice - 3/4/2018 4:01:03 AM   
Lobster

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPOO

quote:

quote:

Yes please and thanks. Is the TO only available during turn 8?

The TO lasts until turn 405. In my opinion you should hang on to them until you feel things have stabilized enough for them to go away. Mainly because their replacements could be all over the map and I don't see anything that says you'll lose anything if any of the Mech Corps are eliminated before you choose to disband them. Maybe you could even lose them all and still activate the TO and get all those other units. I don't know.

What will be disbanded are all of the Tank and Mech divisions. And yes, it does say see the OOB for details. Same with the corps artillery reform. Someone needs to add a list of the units that are added in the document if this TO is activated because looking at the OOB does not tell you as far as I can see.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 3/4/2018 4:02:13 AM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> The War Room >> FITE 2 Advice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI