Air Staff Assistant

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Pax25

Air Staff Assistant

Post by Pax25 »

I'm pretty sure this was reported before, but it's still happening.

I like to play most scenarios with my Air Staff Assistant off. However, in at least one of my online games it keeps turning back on at seemingly random times.
warspite1

RE: Air Staff Assistant

Post by warspite1 »

This is happening to me too in a PBEM game. Every turn I have to turn the assistant back off and re-set my orders.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

This is happening to me too in a PBEM game. Every turn I have to turn the assistant back off and re-set my orders.
One way to 'solve' that issue, or at last a workaround...make the Opart4.ini 'read-only'; in theory, the flag for the air-assistant should not change from N to Y.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
One way to 'solve' that issue, or at last a workaround...make the Opart4.ini 'read-only'; in theory, the flag for the air-assistant should not change from N to Y.
Klink, Oberst
The only thing wrong with this workaround is that TOAW IV writes a new Opart4.ini file everytime
it closes.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink
Klink, Oberst
The only thing wrong with this workaround is that TOAW IV writes a new Opart4.ini file everytime
it closes.
Well... see, it pays off to have an uncle in AZ ;) B*gger, didn't think about that one, Onkel Larry.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
IainF

Post by IainF »

I've noticed it happening in my PBEM game of the same campaign too. I always check my air units at the start of the move and have noticed that their missions have changed by the end of the move. It is a bit of a pain and would be even less of a pain if the Air Assistant wasn't such a numpty, it was trying to use some of my SM.79's in Air Superiority missions, fun for my opponent but not really for me!

Return to “Tech Support”