Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Admin points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Admin points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Admin points - 1/18/2018 10:37:15 AM   
pbcrnk

To be clear for a newbie like myself...AP for Germany are for HDBU and leader assignments and for soviets formation and support builds? Anything else of note?
Post #: 1
RE: Admin points - 1/18/2018 10:42:45 AM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: pbcrnk

To be clear for a newbie like myself...AP for Germany are for HDBU and leader assignments and for soviets formation and support builds? Anything else of note?

Quite often you need to move around units in the HQs, that costs APs too.

Soviet Air Force needs to build up (more bases and air regiments) and also upgrade/swap planes actively.

Whenever Soviet units get destroyed, they automatically use APs to rebuild. That's why most players keep their AP at 0 during turns when you have units surrounded and have a risk to be destroyed.

< Message edited by Nix77 -- 1/18/2018 10:43:54 AM >

(in reply to pbcrnk)
Post #: 2
RE: Admin points - 1/18/2018 11:04:56 AM   
pbcrnk

starting my first campaign as Germany....what do I need to concern myself with as far as AP go?

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 3
RE: Admin points - 1/18/2018 11:17:59 AM   
Nix77

Replace the weakest leaders, and appoint the best ones to hotspot corps.

Arrange support units to your liking, most efficient method is probably the AP free automatic move. All HQs to 0 SU and OKH to 9. You should be able to spread the units for free a few turns later.

HQBU, I really don't know since it really costs a lot after the changes and I have no experience on that. In previous version I used most of my APs to HQBU, even neglecting leader changes.

Get AGS & Romanians sorted out so that HQs don't go too much over command capacity: clean all the corps below cap, armies preferably under the cap too. Army Groups can and at some point will go over the cap, but that doesn't really matter that much. Romanians can be moved under their own High Command, not sure if that's worth the point cost though. Most efficient method to do this is probably moving them under one army and moving that away from AGS.

(in reply to pbcrnk)
Post #: 4
RE: Admin points - 1/18/2018 2:26:55 PM   
tyronec

Would concur with the above.
T1 shunt the SUs up to Army level, T2 to Army group, T3 to OKH. Then lock OKH and pull them down for free - 6 Art to most corps, AA to Luftwaffe (maybe), Pioneers etc. to your main strike force (maybe armor, maybe infantry divisions).
Assign security divisions to OKH.
Can shift the 11th Army Romanians to one Romanian corps, then shift that corp to a Romanian army, then reallocate.
In the current patch I would use T1-3 or so to bring in new leaders. Then save for HQBs. You can use the 'random' method by reassigning a cheap leader between corps and hoping his replacement will be one of the expensive top quality ones - can be fun to see what you get (just make sure to assign the good cheap ones first).

It may be worth paying to shift the pioneers around during the game if you are doing heavy assaults. I would usually use a stack to take Leningrad and afterwards transfer them back to OKH ready for the next big assault.

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 5
RE: Admin points - 1/19/2018 4:24:08 AM   
pbcrnk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77
Arrange support units to your liking, most efficient method is probably the AP free automatic move. All HQs to 0 SU and OKH to 9. You should be able to spread the units for free a few turns later.

Can't find this in the manual...can you elaborate on how to do this?

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 6
RE: Admin points - 1/19/2018 4:27:02 AM   
pbcrnk

quote:

ORIGINAL: tyronec

Would concur with the above.
T1 shunt the SUs up to Army level, T2 to Army group, T3 to OKH. Then lock OKH and pull them down for free - 6 Art to most corps, AA to Luftwaffe (maybe), Pioneers etc. to your main strike force (maybe armor, maybe infantry divisions).

procedure? not fluent yet to find the mechanics to do this

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 7
RE: Admin points - 1/19/2018 6:47:24 AM   
tyronec

T1 set support level for all higher level HQs to 9. Set support levels for corps to 0. The SUs will move up the chain.
Then the next turn lock all the corps and set armies to 0. And repeat.

Note that corps will still keep 2 pioneers and I think 3 construction SUs.

With some corps which have few SUs can be more subtle and lock them from T1, just have to look at each one individually. Can also pull construction SUs into the Security Armies (particularly for AGS) to stop them from migrating into corps. I like to have most of my construction units outside the fighting corps/armies.

Also note that if a higher level HQ is locked then everything below it is also locked.

There is a lot of mouse clicking, early turns are a pain in the neck for admin.

< Message edited by tyronec -- 1/19/2018 6:48:29 AM >

(in reply to pbcrnk)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Admin points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI