Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Interdiction and lack of information

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Air Interdiction and lack of information Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Interdiction and lack of information - 1/17/2018 4:05:26 PM   
Shadrach

When trying an air landing with helicopters and getting interdicted by enemy air, the game hangs for a little bit, and the unit is left where they took off, with losses.

Apparently there is a sound, but I usually play without sound, and there are no visual indicators that the transport was interdicted. I don't see anything indicating battle, no "explosion" effect, and there is no BTS afterwards which I would've expected.

When a ground unit is attacked when moving near an enemy there is a BTS and I can examine it to find my losses. Not so with interdictions.

I did a look through the manual but didn't find anything specific about air interdictions. There's Sea Interdiction and Land Interdiction, but nothing or very little on what happens what airborne transports are interdicted.

Any ideas what can be done or if I'm doing something wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Air Interdiction and lack of information - 1/17/2018 6:47:03 PM   
Lobster

Maybe it's not so much interdiction than interception and abort? The game hanging is probably the game actually making computations for the interception, subsequent combat and the after effects (aborting unit going back to it's starting point). I'm just guessing at this. I really don't think a BTS would be appropriate for air combat.

Isn't there an O. Klink tutorial for this?

< Message edited by Lobster -- 1/17/2018 6:48:31 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

When I grow up I would either like to manage a supermarket or be Vice President of the United States. Of course, I know it takes brains to manage a supermarket.

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Interdiction and lack of information - 1/17/2018 7:13:26 PM   
Shadrach

Well the difference between interdiction and interception is not the matter here - the matter is that there is very little information after the event on what actually happened. The same thing with sea interception.

At the very least I would expect these to show up in the battles list?

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Interdiction and lack of information - 1/17/2018 7:17:37 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shadrach

Well the difference between interdiction and interception is not the matter here - the matter is that there is very little information after the event on what actually happened. The same thing with sea interception.

At the very least I would expect these to show up in the battles list?

Where you can see the effect/result... the toawlog.txt

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Interdiction and lack of information - 1/17/2018 7:19:37 PM   
devoncop

I agree with Shadrach here. It would be nice to know on the battle report without having to dig down into a text log what type of unit your pilots interdicted if nothing else or an approximation of losses.

< Message edited by devoncop -- 1/17/2018 7:20:56 PM >

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Interdiction and lack of information - 1/17/2018 7:59:36 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

I agree with Shadrach here. It would be nice to know on the battle report without having to dig down into a text log what type of unit your pilots interdicted if nothing else or an approximation of losses.

Just offering a practicable or at least do-able workaround that's all, really. I am not the dev, peeps. ;)

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Interdiction and lack of information - 1/17/2018 9:17:46 PM   
Lobster

If I recall TOAWIII did indeed have a combat graphic in hexes where airborne units en route to a LZ were intercepted. Perhaps this lack of a graphic is a bug and should be reported as such.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

When I grow up I would either like to manage a supermarket or be Vice President of the United States. Of course, I know it takes brains to manage a supermarket.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Air Interdiction and lack of information Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI