Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airbase bombing aircraft not available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Airbase bombing aircraft not available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airbase bombing aircraft not available - 1/13/2018 8:50:35 PM   
thedoctorking

I have begun trying to wear down the German air force with airbase bombing. I have run ten or fifteen missions. Now, I have a bunch of long-range bombers with miles left, but they don't seem to be able to fly airbase missions. They could be assigned to bomb units.

Same problem with flying supplies, now I check. There are dozens of air units with miles remaining but can't use them for either mission. What's up?

These are night missions, if it makes a difference. The air bases have plenty of fuel, ammo, and supplies.
Post #: 1
RE: Airbase bombing aircraft not available - 1/14/2018 12:05:03 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

I have begun trying to wear down the German air force with airbase bombing. I have run ten or fifteen missions. Now, I have a bunch of long-range bombers with miles left, but they don't seem to be able to fly airbase missions. They could be assigned to bomb units.

Same problem with flying supplies, now I check. There are dozens of air units with miles remaining but can't use them for either mission. What's up?

These are night missions, if it makes a difference. The air bases have plenty of fuel, ammo, and supplies.

Are they below the complement needed for your air doctrine?
Are they below 33% miles?
Are the airbases in swamps/urban or rough terrain?
Have you already bombed the hex twice?
Are the bases in range?
Are you using only fighter-bombers?
Are you selecting a stack of airbases where the top airbase is a recon base or of a different nationality?

There are other possibilities so let us know if it is none of these.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 2
RE: Airbase bombing aircraft not available - 1/15/2018 2:03:25 AM   
thedoctorking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

Are the bases in range?
Are you selecting a stack of airbases where the top airbase is a recon base or of a different nationality?

No
Yes, is this the issue? Why do air units need less than 33% to bomb airfields and deliver supplies but can still do ground strikes up to 100%?
No
No
No
No
No

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: Airbase bombing aircraft not available - 1/15/2018 12:55:46 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

Are the bases in range?

No
Yes, is this the issue? Why do air units need less than 33% to bomb airfields and deliver supplies but can still do ground strikes up to 100%?
No
No
No
No
No

It is my understanding that the FIRST 33% of air miles flown was put in place (first it was 50%) to constrain players like Telemecus that figured out how to smash 10,000 aircraft turbine and never let the Soviets come up for air .. the bombing a HEX only x2 is an Additional constraint to limit bedlam

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. - Kurt Vonnegut

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Airbase bombing aircraft not available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI