Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI-AI Chit Combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> AI-AI Chit Combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI-AI Chit Combat - 1/11/2018 6:14:50 PM   
pzgndr

So. I think I've got this working, after several weeks of code research making notes and then several days of code work. See screenshot. This is a playtest with me as Spain watching what the AI players are doing. France and Prussia finally got into a shooting war, with France sieging Hanover. A Prussian corps tried to relieve the siege and got smacked by a Napoleon counter-attack. Nothing left except to imagine the battle itself...

I still need to verify a few things and clean up the code, but this appears to be a resolved issue. It was a challenge.

Attachment (1)

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team
Post #: 1
RE: AI-AI Chit Combat - 1/12/2018 5:22:38 AM   
Soosh

That's great news. Thanks so much for keeping this game alive!

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 2
RE: AI-AI Chit Combat - 1/25/2018 6:59:51 PM   
pzgndr

Some news to share. I think I have this new AI-AI combat working as expected. If you check out the log messages you'll note several debug messages included that I've been using to help understand what the AI is doing.

From the battle summary we see the at-start corps and factors involved, France with 28 attacking Prussia with 18. I'm using this strength information to calculate battle odds for the AI sides, which now helps them make less reckless chit selection; e.g., France isn't picking Esc Assault and Prussia isn't picking Withdraw at 1:1. The calculated losses for each round are being correctly reported in the summary. Prussia broke after Round 2 with morale -1.77, and France pursued. Prussia took 1 cav loss, again correctly reported in the summary.

Getting the combat screen battle messages for human-AI and AI-human battles correct as well as the summary messages took a bit of effort over the past couple of weeks. Long story short, the way the combat screen handles combat and the way AI-AI combat is handled off-screen is slightly different, and finding and fixing the discrepancies took a while.

I need to playtest more and see some AI-AI naval battles to verify all else is well, but so far so good.

Attachment (1)

Bill

(in reply to Soosh)
Post #: 3
RE: AI-AI Chit Combat - 1/29/2018 2:28:43 PM   
pzgndr

I would appreciate some feedback regarding AI chit selection logics. As I mentioned, the program can calculate the battle odds and the AI can use this FOW information to its advantage, for both AI-AI combat and against human players who do not know the exact battle odds going into combat. Here's what I have coded so far to exclude certain AI chit selections:

Attack Chit Exclusions:
Outflank & Less Than 3 Corps
Outflank & Less Than 2:1
Esc Assault & Less Than 2:1
Probe & Greater Than 2:1

Defense Chit Exclusions:
Outflank & Less Than 3 Corps
Outflank & Greater Than 2:1
Esc Counter Attack & Greater Than 2:1
Withdraw & Less Than 2:1

The idea is to help weed out a few of the more reckless choices without being too restrictive. There are already AI withdraw exclusions from island areas and national capitals. Do these look reasonable enough or has anyone got suggestions?

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: AI-AI Chit Combat - 5/2/2018 9:21:11 PM   
Daniel Amieiro

If turkish player, never forego a escalated assault or assault (and their counterattack partnerts). It's a ok choice allways for turkish even with bad odds. (specialty if you have cavalry)

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 5
RE: AI-AI Chit Combat - 5/4/2018 8:44:22 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Amieiro
If turkish player, never forego a escalated assault or assault (and their counterattack partnerts).

I can work that in for a future update. I was hoping to get some more comments. But maybe players need to see some of these AI-AI combats first, and Matrix now has approval to release v1.22.02 as an official update.

Bill

(in reply to Daniel Amieiro)
Post #: 6
RE: AI-AI Chit Combat - 5/5/2018 5:14:23 PM   
Daniel Amieiro

One thing:
Is there in mind to have other combat sistem or the EIH combat system? (with envelope and things like that)
Same for fleet combat?

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 7
RE: AI-AI Chit Combat - 6/10/2018 9:03:37 PM   
pzgndr

I have no plans for alternate combat systems. The complexity of messing with game options and .tpj data files is too risky. It's hard enough to keep this train on the tracks as it is!

FYI, I have implemented exceptions in v1.23.00 for Turkey selecting Esc Assault and Esc Counter Attack at 1:1 at least. Gives the AI some more aggressiveness without being too reckless. We'll see how it goes...

Bill

(in reply to Daniel Amieiro)
Post #: 8
RE: AI-AI Chit Combat - 6/11/2018 8:49:35 PM   
Daniel Amieiro

thanks pzgndr :)

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> AI-AI Chit Combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI