Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 2:23:31 PM   
Daniele

First half of XVIII° century. There’s no peace over Europe.

After the great struggles of the Thirty Years War ending in 1648 with the Cuius Regio Eius Religio principle, two major conflicts are about to turn to pieces the Old Continent.

On one hand, the French & Spanish Bourbons monarchs are gathering their forces against the Grand Alliance built by Austrian Habsburg, Britain and the United Provinces, fighting to inherit the leadership of the Spanish Empire.

On the other corner of Europe, a coalition of Danes, Saxons, Poles and Russians led by the famous Peter I The Great is trying to deal a mortal blow to the Kingdom of Sweden and to switch the balance of power in this region. But the young and military-gifted king Charles the XII of Sweden will fight with tooth and nails to defend its realm.

We are very proud to announce that Wars of Succession, the upcoming wargame by Ageod, has reached the final development stage and it will be released on January, 25th!

Heavily focused in managing the military operations, in Wars of Successions you will coordinate the movements of several armies of many different great powers and their allies, take care of their supplies and fatigue and seek for the better conditions to engage combat, hold sieges or retreat to recover if needed.

Together, these features, combined with the proven Ageod engine make Wars of Successions a great choice to delight players interested in this era!

Stay tuned for further announcements about Wars of Succession! Check its product page here to see the latest updates and features!

< Message edited by Daniele -- 1/11/2018 2:36:48 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 2:28:04 PM   
Don60420

I have been waiting for this impatiently since it was first announced. In one game we have Corporal John, the Last Viking, the Sun King and Peter the Great. Heaven for all war gamers!

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 4:39:09 PM   
Alan Sharif

Looks and sounds, great.

A Sharif

(in reply to Don60420)
Post #: 3
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 5:54:09 PM   
Crossroads

An instant buy for me. Time to teach those pesky Danes a thing or three!

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam | CS: East Front 1939-1941 IN-THE-WORKS
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 DUE OUT SOON

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 4
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/11/2018 6:11:44 PM   
ianrenton

Looks great

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 5
RE: Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th - 1/12/2018 1:46:54 AM   
Zorch

From Wikipedia:

The War of the Spanish Succession (1701–1714) was a major European conflict of the early 18th century, triggered by the death in 1700 of the last Habsburg King of Spain, the infirm and childless Charles II. Charles II had ruled over a vast global empire, and the question of who would succeed him had long troubled the governments of Europe. Attempts to solve the problem by peacefully partitioning the empire among the eligible candidates from the royal houses of France (Bourbon), Austria (Habsburg), and Bavaria (Wittelsbach) ultimately failed, and on his deathbed Charles II fixed the entire Spanish inheritance on his grandnephew Philip, Duke of Anjou, the second-eldest grandson of King Louis XIV of France. With Philip ruling in Spain, Louis XIV would secure great advantages for his dynasty, but some statesmen regarded a dominant House of Bourbon as a threat to European stability, jeopardising the balance of power.

To counter Louis XIV's growing dominance, England,[3] the Dutch Republic, and Austria – together with their allies in the Holy Roman Empire – re-formed the 1680s Grand Alliance (1701) and supported the claim of Emperor Leopold I to the whole Spanish inheritance for his second son, Archduke Charles.

The English, the Dutch and the Austrians formally declared war in May 1702. By 1708, the Duke of Marlborough and Prince Eugene of Savoy had secured victory in the Spanish Netherlands and in Italy, and had defeated Louis XIV's ally Bavaria. But Allied unity broke and the Grand Alliance was defeated in Spain. With casualties mounting and aims of the Alliance diverging, the Tories came to power in Great Britain in 1710 and resolved to end the war, ceasing combat operations in 1712. The Dutch, Austrians, and German states fought on to strengthen their own negotiating position, but they were defeated by Marshal Villars and had to accept Anglo-French mediation. The Treaty of Utrecht (1713) and the Treaty of Rastatt (1714) ended the conflict by partitioning the Spanish empire. The Austrians received most of Spain's former European realms, while the Duke of Anjou retained peninsular Spain and Spanish America, where, after renouncing his claim to the French succession, he reigned (with one brief interlude) as King Philip V until 1746.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ianrenton)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Wars of Succession will be released on January 25th Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI