What's up with CS: Cold War?

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

JPV511

What's up with CS: Cold War?

Post by JPV511 »

In the Then and Now thread, I noticed the TBD for CS: Cold War. I am intrigued to say the least. I'm hoping for NATO vs Soviet battles in Europe circa 1980! Any word on the development?
berto

RE: What's up with CS: Cold War?

Post by berto »

It's planned, rudimentary work has started on it in fact, but a finished game won't happen any time soon.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

ORIGINAL: berto

It's planned, rudimentary work has started on it in fact, but a finished game won't happen any time soon.
Thanks berto. Any idea on what time period of the Cold War it'll focus on?
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Cold War will cover 1948 - 1985 (possibly extended to 1989-1991, not sure yet)
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

CS Cold War is still a couple/few years away.

CS Vietnam, CS East Front III, CS West Front II and CS Pacific Front will be released before hand.
JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

I'm looking forward to them all. Thanks Jason.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

No problem at all!

One thing we are doing is ensuring that the country organizations we are building are Cold War ready, meaning that the organizations I build already span the Cold War desired years (well, to 1985 for now).

This will help reduce the amount of work that will be necessary to release Cold War in the future.

Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

To that end, when someone will look in the US Vietnam OOB's and see Pentomic and ROAD organizations, the first reaction will probably be "What the ....?".

But that is the reason, so they US is Cold War ready.
fritzfarlig

Post by fritzfarlig »

when you wait for matrix version, you can try the mod for coldwar

Attachments
6divpang..nsport2.jpg
6divpang..nsport2.jpg (238.34 KiB) Viewed 362 times
JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho
One thing we are doing is ensuring that the country organizations we are building are Cold War ready...
This will help reduce the amount of work that will be necessary to release Cold War in the future.
From what I gather, Cold War will be built from the existing Campaign Series engine then? I'm curious also what the scale will be like. I will stay tuned. For now, I will imagine A-10s strafing tanks.

May the force be with the designers and programmers. [:)]
ORIGINAL: fritzfarlig
...you can try the mod for coldwar
I will have a look at that mod. Thanks fritzfarlig.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: JPV511
One thing we are doing is ensuring that the country organizations we are building are Cold War ready...
From what I gather, Cold War will be built from the existing Campaign Series engine then? I'm curious also what the scale will be like. I will stay tuned. For now, I will imagine A-10s strafing tanks.

May the force be with the designers and programmers. [:)]

Cold War will be built using the latest Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 engine.

Do you have Middle East?
JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

Do you have Middle East?
I do not. That theatre never fancied me for some reason (CMANO may change this however).

On a side note, during my brief research on mods, I am digging up a whole lot of expired photobucket thumbnails. Like I said in another thread, I'm totally late to the party. [:(]
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Fair enough.

While it may not be your cup of tea, it will show you how Warsaw Pact and NATO equipment fought against each other.

And since it spans from 1948 to 1985, you'll see the various changes in equipment over the decades.

Want ATGM armed helicopters? You got it!

Want IR equiped tanks? You got it!

Want to see how M60's/Centurion's take on T-55's and T-62's? You got it!

With CSME 2.00 (due out any day now), you'll also have in-turn reconnaissance with applicable units. This is a huge new item.

It's really a good prelude to Cold War and what kinds of things you'll be able to expect.

Of course, there will be aditional improvements/enhancements as we continue to work on the other games and DLC's.

JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

While it may not be your cup of tea, it will show you how Warsaw Pact and NATO equipment fought against each other.

And since it spans from 1948 to 1985, you'll see the various changes in equipment over the decades.

It's really a good prelude to Cold War and what kinds of things you'll be able to expect.
Oh boy. Your comments and the screenshots I'm seeing of post-war units is very enticing. When my focus shifts from my recent purchases of CMANO, Harpoon, Order of Battle, and, of course, CS...I will give Middle East serious thought.
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Fair enough.

Want ATGM armed helicopters? You got it!

Want IR equiped tanks? You got it!

Want to see how M60's/Centurion's take on T-55's and T-62's? You got it!

With CSME 2.00 (due out any day now), you'll also have in-turn reconnaissance with applicable units. This is a huge new item.

Of course, there will be aditional improvements/enhancements as we continue to work on the other games and DLC's.

++1 for Jason's post.

It is true JPV511, there is some real cool stuff going on with the Campaign Series engine in Campaign Series Middle East. You definitely get to see
how the lethality of weapon systems changed over the decades since 1948. When Cold War eventually comes out you'll see all this and much more
too I'm sure! In CSME there is also a myriad of new units with new abilities all bundled with a new 2D graphics look. Check out some of the screens on
it I think you'll be surprised.

Cheers![:)]
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan
++1 for Jason's post.
It is true JPV511, there is some real cool stuff going on with the Campaign Series engine in Campaign Series Middle East.
CSME is definitely on my radar now! Thanks Big Ivan.
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

I am an absolute North German Plains 1985 fanboy [8D]

But yeah, until CS Cold War, you can do worse than buying CS Middle East. It comes with a good few 1980s scenarios, and there’s the editors (and Random Battle Generator) to add more!
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
JPV511

Post by JPV511 »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads
Well, since you mentioned it, I also have NGP85, FG85, DF85, and K85 (I'm certain you know what these are [:)]).

Thanks for your feedback on CSME. Really, I'm sold folks. Just a matter of time. [;)]
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

ORIGINAL: JPV511

ORIGINAL: Crossroads
Well, since you mentioned it, I also have NGP85, FG85, DF85, and K85 (I'm certain you know what these are [:)]).

Thanks for your feedback on CSME. Really, I'm sold folks. Just a matter of time. [;)]

I look at my bookshelf I've got Rad Star White Star, Mech War'77, S&T Fifth Corps + BAOR + Hof Gap + Donau Front, World at War Eisenbah Gap + Blood and Bridges + Death of 1st Panzer + Battles within Battles, Sticks and Stones, ...

In other words: NGP and Platoon Scale [:'(]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”