Good news from the front! The Operational Art of War IV has reached a new important milestone, as version 220.127.116.11 is now available!
This new version brings a lot of bug fixes and improvements requested by the players, making the game deeper than ever!
- Combat Planner now respects the Scaling factor in the opart 4 fonts.ini file.
- Fixed crash bug caused by using new scales
- The scrolling has been made easier
- A whole new scenario – Directive 41 – has been added
- And more!
The changelog is very long, so be sure to check it out below.
You can download the update from here.
New to the game? Watch these tutorials!
Version 18.104.22.168 Changelog
• Found and fixed the bug that causes the formation lines to show up
• Fixed issue with the AI not moving Ships. It may have prevented some land units from moving as well
• Fixed crash in AirAndFleetInterdiction
• Fixed issue with Chinese in diplomacy pouch
• Fixed issue with zoom in classic view leaving classic view
• Fixed issue with loading/saving non-game object like units
• Added titles over buttons in the new game dialog
• Fixed netAwards
• F1 now opens the manual
• Made scrolling easier
• Increased the scrolling area around the main map to 32 pixels
• Modified the dialog boxes so that the mouse capture no longer extends beyond the visible area
• Modified the dialog boxes so that the drag area is 15 pixels around the visible area
• Hid the warfare panel on screens equal to or smaller than 1024x768
• Diplomacy Pouch now wordwraps (Needs testing)
• Minor changes to the diplomacy panel and progress bar. The prophecies at the bottom were not aligned
• Combat Planner now respects the Scaling factor in the opart 4 fonts.ini file. If you go above about 1.5 there will be overlap.To help isolate and/or fix the problems some people are having with Chinese logins, if you add a file called DefaultFolder.txt file and put the path to the folder inside, it will use that instead of trying to find the my documents folder. To use this, you might create a folder called C:/TOAW and put contents of Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV and all it's subfolders into it. Then launch TOAW as an administrator and it should work
• Game Select dialog now has labels for the buttons. This should help new players
• PBEM Errors should no longer leave you on a blank screen
• Removed the extra sound from the combat planner
• Modifed startup code to give better errors on startup issues
• Shifted units slightly in the smaller map views to look better
• MapPanelButtons is now draggable
• Tweaked the position of the counters on the map
• Fixed the issue with right scroll not working after changing from large to small map view
• Fixed the bug that was causing PBEM crashes
• Fixed DefaultFolder.txt file
• Fixed crash bug caused by using new scales
• Fixed issue with the game not registering that the mouse was moved to the default button
• Made a change that may help with the black boxes
• Fixed loading a unit into the editor
• Tooltips should now remain onscreen
• The editor will no longer crash with a bad OOB, instead it will try to clean it up and give warnings
• Did some more rewriting to make the scenario loading code even more bulletproof
• The mouse now works when clicking on more of the tabs on the button panel instead of the right half
• Hints no longer happen when a popup menu is open
• Supply over railroads when there is a RoadCost other than the default now work correctly
• I also modified the AirBorne cost when there is a RoadCost other than the default but haven't had a chance to test it
• Made a change that might help with the issue of the combat report dialog crashing
• The close dialog on the New Scenario Dialog now returns to the start screen
• Fixed saving JPGs
• To help diagnose an issue some people are having with pauses, if you open the Opart 4.ini file in Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV and add a line labeled smallram=Y it may help
• Added in some updates to the expanded time and distance rules
• Added a Graphics entry under the [Scaling] section fo the Opart 4 Fonts.ini file. This upscales many of the graphics. Values greater than one make things bigger, values less than one make things smaller. This should be used with larger or smaller fonts
• Added a flag to the Opart file called HugeIcon. It will show up once you launch the new version and close it. It changes the icon on the unit panel to be ahuge_2D view
• Updated a number of scenarios to match their updates posted on the forum
• Added Directive 41 scenario