Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor Qs: Factory abbreviations; strategic bombing twice?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Minor Qs: Factory abbreviations; strategic bombing twice? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor Qs: Factory abbreviations; strategic bombing twice? - 1/8/2018 10:57:55 PM   
Grotius

Hi all. Two minor questions:

1. On the yellow/ochre info box on the Main Form (the one for ports, resources, factories), when I mouseover a hex with three working factories, the Form says "Fact: 3". By contrast, a hex with a dormant factory says "Fact: 1(1C)." After I strategically bombed Lille, it reads "Fact: 3(2C,1L). I gather this means two (blue) factories are idle, and one (red-factory) production point is Lost this turn? I'm curious what the C and L stand for, exactly. Can't find it in the manual. I know it's a minor thing, but it's bugging me! Are there other abbreviations for factories in hexes?

2. Also, does the game do anything to prevent me from accidentally strategically-bombing Lille twice in the same turn? I know the Production planning form (CTL P) now lists Lille as having lost a Production point, and there's that little "L" in the Main Form. Maybe that's enough, but I did notice a player accidentally bomb the same hex twice in the same turn in an AAR last year. Is that still possible?

Post #: 1
RE: Minor Qs: Factory abbreviations; strategic bombing ... - 1/9/2018 5:41:46 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

If a blue factory is captured (controlled by the other side) then a C is shown.

If a red factory is controlled by the other side and not yet repaired, a D is shown.

If a factory has been strategically bombed and lost a production point, an L is shown.

Fact: 3(2D, 1L) could be Lille, controlled by the Germans, red factory repaired, 1 production point lost due to strategic bombing.

The program shouldn't (I haven't checked this) cause a second production point to be lost unless there are 2 factories in the hex capable of functioning. In the case of a German controlled Lille, that isn't possible.

You might be permitted to fly a strategic bombing mission to a hex that has lost a production point because you might still cause a factory to be damaged - which is different that simply losing a production point for 1 turn.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor Qs: Factory abbreviations; strategic bombing ... - 1/9/2018 10:33:31 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
If a red factory is controlled by the other side and not yet repaired, a D is shown.

If a factory has been strategically bombed and lost a production point, an L is shown.

Fact: 3(2D, 1L) could be Lille, controlled by the Germans, red factory repaired, 1 production point lost due to strategic bombing.

I don't follow. If there's one red factory, what does the '2D' mean? Could it be a D for any damaged factory? 2 blue damaged, one red was functioning but was strat bombed?

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 1/9/2018 10:36:45 PM >

Paul

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor Qs: Factory abbreviations; strategic bombing ... - 1/10/2018 1:24:15 PM   
Centuur

In Lille there are 2 blue and 1 red factory. It looks like the blue factories have been destroyed (D) by the occupying German forces and the red factory was bombed and the build point was lost (L)...

Peter

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Minor Qs: Factory abbreviations; strategic bombing twice? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI