OOS Fleets in MED?

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

tom730_slith

OOS Fleets in MED?

Post by tom730_slith »

My current solo Global War has gone VERY well so far for the Axis. As a result of both Gibraltar and Suez falling during the same turn, a number of CW ships got trapped in the MED and forced to head to Malta. Now I notice that although the ships are OOS they can still "sortie" and the main limitation seems to be instead of going to the 4 spot they can only get to the 3 spot.
My question is, can these ships still function and attack even though they are isolated and without supply in the MED? Does Malta provide them with supply even though Malta is now cut off?
Any advice would be appreciated!
Mayhemizer_slith

RE: OOS Fleets in MED?

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

If they are OOS in Malta when they sail to Med they should get disorganized and they can’t initiate combat. So Axis can desice if they want to fight with them or not.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
tom730_slith

Post by tom730_slith »

OK, so they can not attack unless first attacked by Axis - makes sense.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

If it's an oil game, once they disorganize and return to port, they are stuck there. If it's not (as seems the case here), then they reorganize at the end of the turn, but as stated above they disorganize as soon as they sortie.

A fairly classic example of why Isolated Re-org is such a highly desired option to get coded.
Paul

Return to “The War Room”