Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Tech Support >> Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs - 1/4/2018 1:28:58 PM   
Szilard

In the Case Yelllow scenario, the AP cost for German units to convert enemy hexes is supposed to be zero, versus the default cost of 5.

This doesn't seem to happen - conversion cost remains at 5; at least with v1.06c.

Looking at the event list, the variation for Germany is supposed to be handled by event id18 (slot 17), "German Offensive Doctrine Rulevar".

This is supposed to do a ExecSetRuleVar(4,0,0) if it's the German turn and ExecSetRuleVar(4,5,0) for all other regimes, determined by a CheckTurn check which assumed that Germany is turn 0. But actually it triggers for France rather than Germany, which I assume means that France's is actually turn 0.

Obviously this is pretty fundamental for the scenario - the German advance is much slower etc etc.
Post #: 1
RE: Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs - 1/4/2018 2:41:09 PM   
Vic

Hi Sizlard,

Verified and confirmed. Going to make a new version asap.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Szilard)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs - 1/4/2018 4:51:14 PM   
Vic

Posted private beta version 160d in the main DC:WTP forums!

Thanks for spotting this.

Please check out if it solves the issue for you as well.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs - 1/4/2018 8:50:57 PM   
Szilard

Thanks, Vic. Working fine here.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs - 1/5/2018 8:08:02 AM   
Szilard

Playing AI Germans vs human everybody else, Case Yellow under v1.06d, I'm getting a crash to Windows at the start of the French turn during the "Setting up Execution" phase. Sometimes fiddling around a bit with units and trying again avoids the crash, but it happens ~75% of the time.

Save game attached, ready to end the German turn. I've modded the scenario a bit, but I don't think anything very major & would be surprised if the modding is causing this crash.

I don't find anything like a crashlog.

Running Win10; think all drivers are up to date but I guess I should go check that.

If you changed the CheckTurn coding for v1.06d, maybe some bug slipped in with that?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs - 1/5/2018 8:43:17 AM   
Vic

Hi Sizlard,

Took a look at yours savegame.

Bug seems to be on your side.

It seems your changed the events.

In the vanilla scenario version the event slots number up to 119, in yours upto 118.

The problem here is that some action cards have an AILabel that refers to a specific event slot.

Once the event slots change it can point to a wrong event or to an unexisting event, causing the error.

If you add events add them at the end of the list as new ones.

Do not delete events if you mod but just change them to 'No Check' so they do not execute.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have other issues or a question.

best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Szilard)
Post #: 6
RE: Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs - 1/5/2018 10:42:58 AM   
Szilard

Got it - thanks for that. And thanks for the quick responses!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
RE: Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs - 4/1/2018 8:30:53 AM   
Energisteron

I don't mind the 5AP penalty for Axis movement but for SUPPLY it seems quite critical.

Also, as I advance as Axis towards the coast with unprotected flanks, because my infantry can't keep up, the French are able to advance faster than they should into territory I'd already overrun (no AP penalty).

Overall though the end result (against the AI) should still result in an Axis triumph.

(in reply to Szilard)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Tech Support >> Bug in Case Yellow? German convert hex AP costs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI