Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why are level bombers not being auto-assigned to bombing missions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Why are level bombers not being auto-assigned to bombing missions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why are level bombers not being auto-assigned to bombin... - 12/29/2017 8:07:48 PM   
thedoctorking

I've noticed, playing as the Russians, that when I shift-right-click to bomb a unit, the list of assigned air groups that comes up very frequently does not include SB-2 equipped level bomber units. Is this because they are just too awful to do any good? Do they get in the way of the better bombers? I have had a habit of clicking "assign all" but is this truly optimal or should I be assigning my SB-2 squadrons to their own separate attacks? Or even to separate air HQs?
Post #: 1
RE: Why are level bombers not being auto-assigned to bo... - 12/30/2017 12:56:25 PM   
Telemecus

The program only presents a shortened selection of bombers to choose from - and I have never been too sure of the algorithm it uses. However if your SB-2s can fly (they are not in a base in a swamp, out of fuel etc.) you can always get them on to the shortlist by filtering out those that would have been preferred otherwise using their day or night settings. I described the full process in post 146 here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4250683&mpage=5&key= - I also discuss the most optimal selection of bombers for each mission although there it is with reference to strategic bombing. For other types it is important to avoid "overkill" - using too many aircraft in one mission that would have been more efficiently used on another target.

The Soviet team in the 2by3+ team game are looking for a new commander. It is a much lower commitment than going solo. A great way for a beginner to do their first game against others. And if you are an old hand come and show us your stuff. If you would like to join the team do post on any of the games threads, or feel free to message Neogodhobo or myself.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 12/30/2017 5:14:49 PM >

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Why are level bombers not being auto-assigned to bombing missions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI