Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Suggestion for US & USSR Diplomacy Change

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Suggestion for US & USSR Diplomacy Change Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Suggestion for US & USSR Diplomacy Change - 1/3/2018 8:13:16 AM   
Sugar

quote:

Nope. The only difference is that you can't get that 10% of major increase like you do with minors

The chances are 8-15% to be precise, according to the manual.

quote:

The reason is that UK money invested in diplo is usually money that wouldn't be invested in the defense of France anyway (unlike Germany expenditures).

And the french money? Imho not to waste their money or to find better investments than their possibly lost cause is the only reason for uber. Otherwise, I could imagine other opportunities to invest.

Blitz is one possible solution. It could also be a chance for the Axis to waste even more money to counter uber...

Uber bears high risks. If the Brits don`t succeed (which means to achieve more and bigger hits than average), they're probably screwed.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 61
RE: Suggestion for US & USSR Diplomacy Change - 1/3/2018 11:17:10 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

And the french money?

Put things in perspective. Germany investment missing out of more than lvl 1 2 tanks worth. Two additional panzers, that attack twice a turn, that have a real chance of shaving some turns on the date of France surrender. Any combination of additional units France might buy don't have such an impact on the outcome. By waiting in the spring attack you surrender any advantages from the unreadiness of the french army since by spring its army had time to reinforce.

Blitzing probably gets you an extra 5 turn of French income which would recoup operating costs and some of the investment in countering UK Diplochits.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 62
RE: Suggestion for US & USSR Diplomacy Change - 1/3/2018 4:18:23 PM   
Sugar

We had that discussion already, but we can repeat it again if you like.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 63
RE: Suggestion for US & USSR Diplomacy Change - 1/3/2018 4:23:29 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harrybanana

Has anyone seen Uber Diplomacy in reverse? In other words the game proceeds as usual with no Allied uber diplomacy. Then after the Axis conquer France the Germans and Italians immediately purchase the maximum chits in the USSR. Even if the UK counters with 1 chit a turn (which at 150 MPPS a pop is a big investment at that point of the game) the Axis will get an average of 1.5 hits within the first 5 turns. Thereafter they will average a hit every Axis 7 turns. So has anyone done the math to determine if, on average, the Axis can keep Russia out of the War until the late spring (April or May) of 42? I would try this in a future game; but I'm pretty sure I would get below average luck.

Yes, I've got something like this happening in one of my games, I'm the allies and my axis opponent did a late 1940 Sealion (preceded by heavy air attacks), and has invested both Germany and Italy heavily into both diplo and tech. I've seen Axis diplo hits against Spain, USA AND USSR and it's still only early 1941... The British are very short of MPPs due to Sea Lion (and defending against Axis activity in North Africa), so have not had much available for countering diplomatic action by the Axis (nor much for tech after Sea Lion was apparent). On the plus side the Royal Navy has sunk both German starting Battlecruisers and two Heavy Cruisers, despite Germany having teched-up naval. He also seems to have sent the majority of the Regia Marina into the Atlantic to bolster what's left of the German fleet, though.

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Suggestion for US & USSR Diplomacy Change Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI