Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing fonts?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Changing fonts? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing fonts? - 12/23/2017 6:18:45 AM   
CrazyMLC

Someone I know has poor vision, which prohibits them from playing Distant Worlds: Universe. I was hoping to modify the fonts to make them more readable, but unlike the rest of the files for the game, the font isn't in an easy to modify image or text format. It's in a .xnb, an XNA format.

I've done some digging, and I found a tool that's capable of turning the fonts into PNGs, so I have access to the characters for each font to modify them... but I'm clueless about how to get them back into a form that the game can use. I'm looking into using MonoGame to create a SpriteFont .xnb, but I've learned that implementations vary and I'm not sure I could save an .xnb that's compatible.

Do any of you guys know a solution? Maybe a dev/admin reading this? I would PM one, but the one I tried had a full PM box. I kinda assume all of the admins have that problem.

< Message edited by CrazyMLC -- 12/23/2017 7:42:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Changing fonts? - 1/5/2018 7:59:54 AM   
CrazyMLC

Uh, so, I tried replacing SmallFont and TinyFont with NormalFont to see if anything would change, and everything looked exactly the same.

Then I tried deleting all of the font files, and when I restarted the game it kept on chugging like nothing had happened.
Is this some kind of bug? I can't see why the font files would be there if changing them didn't do anything.

I can only assume copies are embedded in the exe somewhere, and it uses those instead...

(in reply to CrazyMLC)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing fonts? - 1/9/2018 10:05:30 AM   
Hattori Hanzo

try Bacon mod: he has changed somewhat the.exe and the game text are now more readable.

(in reply to CrazyMLC)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Changing fonts? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI