UK reinforcements

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Taxman66

UK reinforcements

Post by Taxman66 »

Maybe I'm misremembering but,
I thought the UK reinforcements (Aussies, Kiwis in Egypt via DE; and the Canadians from the production chart) showed up with all available
promotions. I'm noticing they are not in my current 10.03 game.

Was there a change, or is my memory failing me?
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Leadwieght

RE: UK reinforcements

Post by Leadwieght »

I don't think the rules been changed, but the tech level and strength of British scripted reinforcements varies considerably.
My experience has been that the auxiliary units that appear in Egypt (the Recon, Anti-tank, etc.) are deployed at Strength 5, but with available upgrades.
Ditto the 10th Army when it appears in Jerusalem.
But the ANZAC units that appear when Italy declares war are at Strength-3 and have no upgrades.
The pre-scripted Canadian units also appear at Str.-10 with no upgrades, as does the No.11 Fighter Group, but the pre-scripted British naval units will appear with all available upgrades
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Ok. So it was just my faulty memory. [:)]
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: Leadwieght

But the ANZAC units that appear when Italy declares war are at Strength-3 and have no upgrades.

I've never tried it, as usually the Brits need all the help they can get early on in Egypt, but isn't there a DE choice to wait until 1941 to deploy the ANZACs, but at full strength? Not sure if they get upgrades or not in that case.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Leadwieght

Post by Leadwieght »

I never had the nerve to postpone the ANZAC reinforcements, so I don’t know if they would have tech upgrades or not.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”