Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Setting initial pilot capabilities?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Setting initial pilot capabilities? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Setting initial pilot capabilities? - 12/19/2017 3:42:04 PM   
Dili

In editor there is plane type - i suppose that is the only option to drive to what each pilot is expert with?

For example how to make a level bomber pilot have good skills in naval bombing and another pilot good skills in land bombing?
Post #: 1
RE: Setting initial pilot capabilities? - 12/19/2017 5:03:40 PM   
Lokasenna

From memory, so I may be a little bit off here...

Level bomber pilots "spawned" from the pool will have their top skills in Ground Bombing (and maybe Low Ground?).

Dive bomber pilots (at least navy ones) will have top skills in Naval and Ground.

Torpedo bomber pilots will be more skilled in Torpedo and Naval bombing.

Fighter/fighter-bomber pilots will be more skilled in Air and Defense (I think).

Float plane and Patrol pilots will be more skilled in Naval Search (and maybe ASW).

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 2
RE: Setting initial pilot capabilities? - 12/19/2017 5:39:48 PM   
Dili

Yeah that is my understanding, but IJA bomber pilots have emphasis in ground skill bombing and Betty/Nell pilots have naval skill bombing. Maybe this is hardcoded by IJA or IJN choice?
But it does not happen to Soviets - the level bombers DB-3 with torpedo the pilots get good torpedo, land and naval bombing - these units are attached to a fleet.

But i need IJA pilots with good naval bombing capabilities, maybe i just make their editor "plane type" for torpedo bomber even if they are in level bomber unit. Unfortunately that implies they will get good torpedo skills which i don't want.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 3
RE: Setting initial pilot capabilities? - 12/19/2017 7:01:58 PM   
Lokasenna

Because Betty/Nell can carry torpedoes.

Check what happens if you pull fresh IJAAF pilots into a squadron of Peggy(t)'s.

It might vary by "nation", of which IJA and IJN are separate.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 4
RE: Setting initial pilot capabilities? - 12/19/2017 8:36:35 PM   
Dili

Yes it seems if the aircraft can launch torpedoes the pilots of that unit automatically get a boost in naval bombing and torpedoing. I also checked the RAF Vildebeest it is the same and also there is not a British Navy nation. So i believe that torpedoes in a bomber trigger these naval pilot capabilities.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Setting initial pilot capabilities? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI