Thank you very much for the game KZ, you were an excellent opponent. If it is any consolation to you I was finished by 42 in the game I played against this Axis Strategy; at least you made it to 43.
This Axis Strategy is essentially as follows:
1. Prioritize Advanced Aircraft tech and also research Long range aircraft (more important than many people think)
2. Build the Manstein HQ ASAP,
3. Build all your Fighters, Tanks, TAC and, if possible, HQs prior to DAK arrival (I believe this is pretty standard anyway),
4. Get Spain on the Axis side, preferably by diplomacy,
5. Send Manstein to Libya to join Rommel (well actually even before Rommel arrives)
6. Use the Luftwaffe on mass, first to take Malta, then Egypt, then Russia. If necessary also use the Luftwaffe on mass to take Algeria and the Middle East.
7. Don't be afraid to "operate" the Luftwaffe to wherever it is needed.
8. Don't rush Barbarossa. Generally speaking, the only time Axis MPP production is greater than Allied MPP production is from the fall of France until Barbarossa.
9. When using the Axis Air Force, generally concentrate on destroying the enemy's fighters and HQs first, not the front line units. I often neglect this one myself.
10.Once Leningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad have been captured, destroy whatever unit is in London with the massed Luftwaffe and then drop a paratrooper. Game Over.
Once Spain is Axis and Egypt and the Middle East conquered, and the Ukraine occupied German MPPs will be 1200+ (provided industry tech has not been neglected).
It was the 4 US diplo hits you got that gave you a fighting chance in this game. But if you couldn't stop this Axis strategy with four Hits than think how much worse it would have been if you only got one or two. In other words I don't think Uber-diplomacy is the counter to this Axis strategy. As I understand it the only counter is to send the entire RN and British Army (including the BEF) to Egypt and attack Italy in Libya the moment it is in the War, while simultaneously attacking its fleets in port. Meanwhile fortify the El Alamein line. This of course means that London might be lost to Sealion. But London is of less importance than Cairo and the Middle East.
< Message edited by Harrybanana -- 1/15/2018 5:45:54 AM >