Good Scenario against Allied AI

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

morphin

Good Scenario against Allied AI

Post by morphin »

I'm collecting possible scenarios against Allied AI.

Focus is a strong and realistic scenario (I prefer historic but other are welcome too)

So my favorite ones are in descent order:

1) Scen 1999 from BigB (tm.asp?m=3611628) and modified Aei100 File from Andy Mac
2) Alpha77 - Project "Silver" - Scenario slot tm.asp?m=4272943
3) BabesLite_B Scenario slot # 26, also with modified AEI File form Andy Mac

I assume the RA (Scenario 50) and BigBabse B (Scen 028) and the IronBabes B (Scen 030) is not so suitable against Allied AI like the 3 scenarios above....

More recommendations?
Thank's
Andy
PaxMondo

RE: Good Scenario against Allied AI

Post by PaxMondo »

Against AI, Ironman far and away. No PBEM scenario will hold up for long as AI against a player. Then you have 3 levels of Ironman ... can keep you busy for years. [:D][8D][8D]
Pax
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

The main problem with the AI is it doesn't know when to stop.

As I've recently found out the secret to a longer game is let the AI have whatever base it's going for. Attacking Naval targets is by far the most damaging thing you can do to the AI. It'll lose ever ship it's got in trying to achieve an objectives. So-

Don't reinforce it in anyway, carry out only one turn (or none) of offensive combat in defence of its target, specifically turn off or pull back land/sea based naval attacks.
Carry out defensive (CAP etc) and limited airfield and ground attacks.
After the first turn of any surface combat pull back the back, particularly CV combat TF and set defensive air ops only.
Limit your offensive TF missions.
Reduce you sub patrols everywhere.
Switch to very hard, if your not already playing it, every few turns or so.
As the Allies ignore the Intel.

Any of these are not good practice for PBEM but it will result in a much better and longer AI game.

I forgot, as Japan play along historical lines.
morphin

Post by morphin »

Thank's

I haven't played longer than about one month, but is the AI really so weak? I expect that later 42 the allied (even as AI) should gain initiative and be stronger anyway...

Andy
morphin

Post by morphin »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Against AI, Ironman far and away. No PBEM scenario will hold up for long as AI against a player. Then you have 3 levels of Ironman ... can keep you busy for years. [:D][8D][8D]

Do you mean Scenario 17 (Scne 17 Ironman: Revenge of the Dorniers resp. Ironman Nasty tier 2 or even Nasty Nasty Tier 3) or Scenario 23 Ironman Allied (tm.asp?m=3076885 )

What is the difference betwenn 17 and scenario 23?

And there is even an scenario 33 from andy Mac

tm.asp?m=3857595&mpage=1&key=%3F

So I'm now completely confused

Scenario 100 and 101 are the newest form Andy Mac, but the allied AI is not adapted..

So we have this choices:

Scenario 17 Regange of the Dornieres 2012
Scenario 17 Revenge of the Dornieres Ironman Nasty Tier 2 2012
Scenario 17 Revenge of the Dornieres Ironman Nasty Nasty Tier 3 2012
Scenario 23 Ironman Allied 2012
Scenario 33 New Scenario 1 from 2015

So newest one is scenario 33

Thank's
Andy
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

All scenarios
tm.asp?m=3088504

Updating AI files
tm.asp?m=4257473
morphin

Post by morphin »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

All scenarios
tm.asp?m=3088504

Updating AI files
tm.asp?m=4257473

THank's. I have this links too..

But I don't know the Difference between scen 17, 23 and 33.
It seems that Scen 17 Ironman nasty and nasty nasty are most difficult (and hence strong AI), but not historic
and not "realistic". It seems that this 2 scenarios are for advanced player and have fun.

So scenario 23 or 33 seems good ones for intermediate player
Andy
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Historic: 1, 33, 100

All scenarios tagged Ironman: more units and stuff (supply/fuel) than realistically available. Done to buff AI to provide more challenge.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Scenario 40. AndyMacs Ironman ported to babes.

Some time ago when AndyMac was developing the Ironman scenarios I was providing him with substantial feedback.

Then I discovered Babes and fell in love with the much more detailed LCU countermix.

I told AndyMac I was going to have a very hard time going back to the stock LCU countermix in his Ironman scenarios based on stock.

I pleaded with him to develop an Ironman scenario based on Babes.

He eventually found the time to create one.

I am currently playing it and am in March of '44 with the AI having not yet collapsed.
Hans

morphin

Post by morphin »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Some time ago when AndyMac was developing the Ironman scenarios I was providing him with substantial feedback.

Then I discovered Babes and fell in love with the much more detailed LCU countermix.

I told AndyMac I was going to have a very hard time going back to the stock LCU countermix in his Ironman scenarios based on stock.

I am currently playing it and am in March of '44 with the AI having not yet collapsed.

Thank's, you play as allies against japan AI?

Andy
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: morphin

Andy

Yes.

Sorry, I didn't completely digest the title of your thread as you are looking for Japan against AI scenarios.
Hans

morphin

Post by morphin »

Andy

Yes.

Sorry, I didn't completely digest the title of your thread as you are looking for Japan against AI scenarios.

yes. I have seen that scenario 40 would be an option, but I would like to be the devil :-)

Andy
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Do you mean Scenario 17 (Scne 17 Ironman: Revenge of the Dorniers resp. Ironman Nasty tier 2 or even Nasty Nasty Tier 3) or Scenario 23 Ironman Allied (tm.asp?m=3076885 )

What is the difference betwenn 17 and scenario 23?

And there is even an scenario 33 from andy Mac

tm.asp?m=3857595&mpage=1&key=%3F

So I'm now completely confused

Scenario 100 and 101 are the newest form Andy Mac, but the allied AI is not adapted..

So we have this choices:

Scenario 17 Regange of the Dornieres 2012
Scenario 17 Revenge of the Dornieres Ironman Nasty Tier 2 2012
Scenario 17 Revenge of the Dornieres Ironman Nasty Nasty Tier 3 2012
Scenario 23 Ironman Allied 2012
Scenario 33 New Scenario 1 from 2015

So newest one is scenario 33

Thank's
Andy
You would want to play 23. There are Nasty and Nasty Nasty versions of it as well.
Pax
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

The main problem with the AI is it doesn't know when to stop.

As I've recently found out the secret to a longer game is let the AI have whatever base it's going for. Attacking Naval targets is by far the most damaging thing you can do to the AI. It'll lose ever ship it's got in trying to achieve an objectives. So-

Don't reinforce it in anyway, carry out only one turn (or none) of offensive combat in defence of its target, specifically turn off or pull back land/sea based naval attacks.
Carry out defensive (CAP etc) and limited airfield and ground attacks.
After the first turn of any surface combat pull back the back, particularly CV combat TF and set defensive air ops only.
Limit your offensive TF missions.
Reduce you sub patrols everywhere.
Switch to very hard, if your not already playing it, every few turns or so.
As the Allies ignore the Intel.

Any of these are not good practice for PBEM but it will result in a much better and longer AI game.

I forgot, as Japan play along historical lines.

Words of wisdom.

There is no good against-AI scenario if you play it with against-human powergaming mindset.

Restrict your gameplay with house-rules (no fuel in xAKs, no CAS with level bombers; no amphibious invasions without AP/AK/APA/AKA ships; shut supply movement along New Guinea and along India-Burma border; stockpile supplies only in bases that access railroads etc).

Also I think, there should be a PP penalty for every capital ship sunk. A single CV is equal to a brigade in terms of manpower.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”