Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Romanian National Moral. Changes.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Romanian National Moral. Changes. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Romanian National Moral. Changes. - 12/12/2017 2:16:40 PM   
Dreamslayer

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Oops,I mean once upon a times of the "old" patches Romanian NM was 35. But ok.

Now it is :
1941 - 45
1942 - 45
And after Stalingrad (Operation Uranus) happened for 3rd and 4th Romanian Armies Romanian NM getting +5 in 1943.
Maybe I missed something, but I do not see the logic here.

Post #: 1
RE: Romanian National Moral. Changes. - 12/12/2017 4:50:49 PM   
morvael

Experience, more effective TOEs and doctrines. Slight improvement to stay relevant (or rather less irrelevant) as a frontline force versus vastly stronger Soviet units. NM is not only morale.

(in reply to Dreamslayer)
Post #: 2
RE: Romanian National Moral. Changes. - 12/12/2017 9:31:29 PM   
Aufklaerungs

Historic logic - NM increases when decimated units (survivors) return home from the front, especially if public believes official assurances that rebuilt units will not be returning to heavily contested combat zones. Not positive, but I believe refitted Romanian units were designated for re-deployment to Transnistria and Crimea. When large numbers of German military leaders openly laid the blame for the loss of 6th Army on Romania, optimism/hope grew that King Michael would look for a way to depose Antonescu and break with Germany. Very similar to boost in national Italian mood after remnants of 8th Italian Army returned home in Mar-Apr 1943.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: Romanian National Moral. Changes. - 12/13/2017 9:07:54 AM   
MrBlizzard

quote:

ORIGINAL: SPNILHOB

Historic logic - NM increases when decimated units (survivors) return home from the front, especially if public believes official assurances that rebuilt units will not be returning to heavily contested combat zones. Not positive, but I believe refitted Romanian units were designated for re-deployment to Transnistria and Crimea. When large numbers of German military leaders openly laid the blame for the loss of 6th Army on Romania, optimism/hope grew that King Michael would look for a way to depose Antonescu and break with Germany. Very similar to boost in national Italian mood after remnants of 8th Italian Army returned home in Mar-Apr 1943.

In 1943 Italian morale was shattered; when last trains came back to Italy from Russia people discovered that an entire army had disappeared: 80k men MIA. It was unbelievable. If you add air bombardments on Italian cities and defeat in Africa you have a clear picture.
In WITW Italian units morale in 1943 is mostly 35!!

< Message edited by MrBlizzard -- 12/13/2017 9:27:21 AM >

Blizzard

(in reply to Aufklaerungs)
Post #: 4
RE: Romanian National Moral. Changes. - 12/13/2017 9:38:01 AM   
56ajax

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrBlizzard

quote:

ORIGINAL: SPNILHOB

In 1943 Italian morale was shattered; when last trains came back to Italy from Russia people discovered that an entire army had disappeared: 80k men MIA. It was unbelievable. If you add air bombardments on Italian cities and defeat in Africa you have a clear picture.
In WITW Italian units morale in 1943 is mostly 35!!

This is really off topic, but Melbourne, Australia is along way from the Russian Front....20 years ago I was walking through the grounds of a local Catholic Monastery and stumbled across a shrine/memorial to all those Italians who never came home from Russia....

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 5
RE: Romanian National Moral. Changes. - 12/13/2017 4:55:29 PM   
Aufklaerungs

Please forgive my poor choice of analogues to illustrate the upside of a major defeat for war-weary populations. IMHO, Italian national morale did not begin to surge appreciably until after the Brits and Amis secured their objectives in Sicily (mid-August 43). I'll refrain from attempts at nuanced points in the future.
Arrivederci e Buon Natale!

Aufklärungs

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Romanian National Moral. Changes. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI