War Plan Red

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

lion_of_judah

War Plan Red

Post by lion_of_judah »

I'm curious if there is any interest in this scenario. I'm ready to upload it to the scenario bank but only if there is an interest. I have made cards for increase economy, request more fuel and Raw material. Also not all regimes are awake but will be activated when war is declared or certain terrain locations are captured. I made Europe one nation ( The EU) because if I made each nation for this, it would be insane.

For now only North America and Western Europe are on the map, but if there is interest in this, I may expand the map to Asia... One more thing, research has been disabled. The US, UK and the EU have research levels of 3, and Canada has research level of 2. The rest of the minor powers have levels of 1, with the exception of Venezuela and Argentina as they have level 2, for fighters.

Thanks to Ernie for allowing me to use his events, and then helping me get them to work in this scenario.

WAR PLAN RED

Joint Army and Navy basic war plan Red was one of the color-coded war plans created by the United States Army in the late 1920's and 30's to estimate the requirements for a hypothetical war with the United Kingdom ( The red forces). War Plan Red discussed the potential for fighting a war with Britain and its Empire and outlined those steps necessary to defend the Atlantic coast against any attempted mainland invasion of the United States. It further discussed fighting a two-front war with both Japan and Britain simultaneously.

Attachments
WarplanRed.jpg
WarplanRed.jpg (279.28 KiB) Viewed 369 times
ernieschwitz

RE: War Plan Red

Post by ernieschwitz »

Somewhat interested.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

I think there should be a great deal of appreciation for anyone who makes the effort to build a new scenario for the community. Thank you. Interest, however, is an individual taste. But I suspect you will receive favorable feedback on this scenario.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Thanks, appreciate it. Just working out a few bugs and will hopefully post it to the scenario bank this week
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

That's pretty darn cool. Great job.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

new screen shot of War plan red. Extended map now shows part of africa

Attachments
warplanred.jpg
warplanred.jpg (300.51 KiB) Viewed 369 times
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Here is new background information for this scenario..Also, the map now has all of Africa and part of Eastern front of the Soviet Union up to Moscow

WAR PLAN RED

Joint Army and Navy basic war plan Red was one of the color-coded war plans created by the United States Army in the late 1920's and 30's to estimate the requirements for a hypothetical war with the United Kingdom ( The red forces). War Plan Red discussed the potential for fighting a war with Britain and its Empire and outlined those steps necessary to defend the Atlantic coast against any attempted mainland invasion of the United States. It further discussed fighting a two-front war with both Japan and Britain simultaneously.

February 1955 – OPEC Changes Currency Standard to Euro
For many years, the US dollar had been artificially buoyed by its status as the standard currency for international oil purchases. Once governments no longer needed greenbacks for their oil dealings, the demand for the currency plummeted. Overnight, the value dropped 10%. It would likely have dropped even further, but drastic actions by many Western Governments managed to stall the descent. Even so, over the next several months, the dollar continued to decline on an almost daily basis.

November 1955 – Currency Repercussions Spread
With the US dollar trading at just above half of its former value, demand for imported goods dropped to historical lows across the US. The resulting economic impact echoed across the globe. Particularly hard-hit at this time were the US’s major trading partners: Canada, China, Mexico, Japan and the EU. In response, many of these regions looked to other emerging markets to take up the trade slack. The EU did not have to look far... the world’s new economic superpower was one of its closest neighbors, The Soviet Union.

May 1955 – US Sparks International Crisis

As the debate escalated on the best way to revitalize the US economy, the new regime explored all options, including secret plans for annexation of western Canada, Mexico, and general invasions of the Mid-East. The principle of “manifest destiny” was unearthed.

And that claim is by the right of our manifest destiny to overspread and to possess the whole of the continent which Providence has given us for the development of the great experiment of liberty and federated self-government entrusted to us. (American journalist John L. O’Sullivan, 1845.)
To those in power, Canada seemed the easiest target. The oil fields were in close proximity to the demand, and much of the infrastructure for transporting and refining the crude was already in place. On the political end, it was widely assumed that although there would be some grumbling on the international stage, it was improbable for any nation to muster a significant military response. There was also an unfounded American perception that (however the United Kingdom might choose to react) many Canadians would likely welcome the move. Still, in case of resistance, the United States needed its military primed to meet any threat. To that end, the Administration proposed a bill to reinstate conscription and bolster a military that had still yet to recover from a prolonged involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan.
These clandestine plans would progress no further – the domestic outcry dwarfed the race riots of the Thirties and Forties. Low-income families, predominantly Black and Hispanic, felt targeted by the draft. Youths refused to report. As National Guard units were ordered to assist local law enforcement in registering draftees, riots erupted. Chicago, Washington, Detroit, New York, and Los Angeles were particularly hard-hit by violence and looting – predominantly aimed at middle and upper-class neighborhoods and businesses. This time it wasn’t South Central Los Angeles on fire; it was Beverly Hills.
Amidst the carnage, an aide to the Secretary of the Joint Chiefs of Staff leaked the concept of annexing western Canada. Within two weeks it was unveiled that the leak was in fact ordered by the President, to provide a rallying point for the nation and to curb the response to the renewed conscription. Once again, however, it only illustrated the cultural divide between the American public and the administration. Overnight, the US became an international pariah. Both Canada and Mexico closed their borders. Most European Nations recalled their ambassadors. The United Kingdom, and the EU, along with the Soviet Union immediately began to airlift military units to Canada, to aid in its defense. In an attempt to appease the international community, the House of Representatives immediately began Impeachment proceedings.

Then state governments began to take sides on the issue. Texas, Illinois, Georgia, and California all came out strongly in favor of this expansionist policy, claiming that in the long run such a move would be to Canada’s benefit. Most of the northern states, however, came out fervently against this policy. The country had not been this polarized since the Civil War. Regardless of individual politics, what little trust the federal government commanded with the public – already low from the economic stress – evaporated. Ironically, the same argument that the US government had once used to intervene abroad now became the internal war cry, aimed their own way. “The Federal Government no longer has the Moral Authority to lead the nation...”
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Playable Regimes which are awake at the beginning of the scenario, as follows: Note the majority are asleep and will only be awakened if their ally is attacked or an event is triggered. This is a huge scenario, but it is very playable especially with the new patch. Note in this scenario, Norway has been absorbed into the EU.

Republic of Austria
State of Bolivia
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Republic of Sudan
Arabia
Kingdom of Sweden
Democratic Republic of Congo
Union of South Africa

List of All Regimes:

Argentine Republic
Federal Republic of Brazil
Venezuela
Republic de Cuba
Republic of Chile
United States of America
Republic of Mexico
Republic of Austria
State of Bolivia
Canada
European Union
The United Kingdom
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
People's Republic of Algeria
Kingdom of Morocco
Republic of Cote'd'Ivoire
Federal Republic of Nigeria
West African Union
Republic of Cameroon
Arab Republic of Egypt
Republic of Sudan
Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Republic of Poland
The Soviet Union
Republic of Turkey
Arabia
Kingdom of Sweden
Republic of Finland
Democratic Republic of Congo
East African Union
Union of South Africa
Angolan Union
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

In this screenshot, you have Yugoslavia, which has encompassed Greece, Bulgaria, and Albania

Attachments
Yugoslavia.jpg
Yugoslavia.jpg (472.91 KiB) Viewed 369 times
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

In this screenshot, you see Austria, which has absorbed Hungary and Romania

Attachments
Austria.jpg
Austria.jpg (342.13 KiB) Viewed 369 times
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

finally, you have a portion of South Africa and parts of neighboring nations.

Attachments
Portionof..hAfrica.jpg
Portionof..hAfrica.jpg (440.52 KiB) Viewed 373 times
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Looks great!
You should upload it. Sure that there will be much interest.

And why create a scenario and not publish it?
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

This is still a work in progress, but it's almost finished. I'm on version 1.28 right now. I'm holding off uploading it until Vic has a chance to see why the ratio is not working. Once that is fixed and a couple of more events are added, then I'll upload it.

Ernie has been helping with the events, and so I have a couple more I would like to add, so when he has time to help, then it will be completed. I would like know if you think the background is interesting and believable for a hypothetical scenario. Thanks
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Well, I'm hoping someone out here knows how to program events, and if so would they be willing to help me, otherwise this thing may never be finished. I understand that Ernie is very busy with other projects and his help has been very appreciated, but I would like to get the ball rolling on this. I would also appreciate some feed back on the story background

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”