Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Late to the show

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Late to the show Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Late to the show - 12/4/2017 6:11:20 PM   
ivanov

I just want to acknowledge, that Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa, is a truly amazing and immersive achievement. It has the depth but it's not a dry, "accountant's game" like WitE or WitW. I've been waiting for something like this my whole life, so kudos to the devs. I just hope, that in the future, we'll see more of Decisive Campaigns series, like Kursk, Ukraine or Bagration. The North African Campaign could also be pretty amazing. I have my fingers crossed

Mickey Mouse
Post #: 1
RE: Late to the show - 12/4/2017 7:17:45 PM   
DeriKuk

Better late than never. I've played the first two games in the series ... and I love them. My experience with 'Case Blue' (Trappenjagd scenario) was truly memorable, thanks to having a great opponent (Maciej P.). 'Barbarossa' is still lurking in the background, in search of some time.

I've tried my hand at 'Strategic Command WW2' ... several times; and every time I've come away disappointed. The fan boys keep telling me how much it has improved, but that is damning with faint praise and promise. (The combat and 'research' systems suck big-time.) The up-side is that it gives me a deep appreciation of how wonderful a system Vic R. has given us. His designs deserve far more support and sales. Get the word out ... if you want more.

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 2
RE: Late to the show - 12/5/2017 12:44:11 AM   
ivanov

I also decided to buy Case Blue while it's on sale. My only complain about Barbarossa, would be the lack of smaller scenarios, while there're few in Case Blue.

I don't think this game can be compared to SC. SC is light, bear & pretzel game ( which is absolutely fine ), while Decisive Campaigns is more advanced, but with a touch of falvour, which makes it unique.

< Message edited by ivanov -- 12/5/2017 1:57:11 AM >

Mickey Mouse

(in reply to DeriKuk)
Post #: 3
RE: Late to the show - 12/5/2017 3:02:11 AM   
budd

I'd recommend Warsaw to Paris also, it's on sale for a $10. It's pretty well balanced and I think Vic ported back the AI to this first game.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Late to the show Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI