HQ and map colors

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

rhilliard

HQ and map colors

Post by rhilliard »

I am trying to figure out when I have a stack of units how to get the HQ units to always be at the top of the stack.

In addition, anytime I try to turn off the enemy controlled hexes by using the appropriate key, it only lasts for a few seconds and then turns red again (if I am playing as the Axis).

Any ideas to help?

Thanks,

Rick
Aufklaerungs

RE: HQ and map colors

Post by Aufklaerungs »

Try deselecting the other two units in the unit box. The remaining selected unit should move to the top when you right click the selected hex - execute a 0 MP "move."

Need a more detailed explanation of the issue to respond to your second question. Are you talking about displaying controlled hexes using the tool button on the UI?
Aufklärungs
rhilliard

Post by rhilliard »

I now have the map display figured out...tried your suggestion on HQ units but still unable to get the HQ unit to be on the top of the stack. Even when I move the HQ unit last it still "tucks" itself under the other counters. If I move only the HQ unit out of the hex and then back in it still does the same thing...
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

AFAIK it cannot be done in WitE1 - the procedure described I believe is for WitW. Is there any reason why you want the HQ to appear on top - there many reasons but some of them do have built in substitutes to do what you want in a different way.

Could not understand the point about controlled hexes - may have to explain that question.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Sammy5IsAlive

Post by Sammy5IsAlive »

Doesn't the 'top unit' have something to do with the Unique ID no. displayed at the top right on the TOE display (don't have the game open so I'm working from memory here)? I'm sure I read something on the forums about hiding Pz units etc underneath units with low (I think) unique ID no. So when the recon is done your opponent sees the type of unit at the top of the stack but not those below it.

Sammy5IsAlive

Post by Sammy5IsAlive »

A simple potential answer to the second question - in move mode at least you can only turn off enemy hexes when no units are selected. Once you select a unit enemy hexes will go back into red/pink.
tyronec

Post by tyronec »

I am trying to figure out when I have a stack of units how to get the HQ units to always be at the top of the stack.

In addition, anytime I try to turn off the enemy controlled hexes by using the appropriate key, it only lasts for a few seconds and then turns red again (if I am playing as the Axis).
1. You can use Ctrl 1/2/3... to highlight units if that helps.
2. If there is something like Supply highlighted then other selections don't stay highlighted. Make sure everything else is off before you select something new. Not sure if this helps with your queries, am kind of guessing at what you are looking for.
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !

Return to “The War Room”