Bitter Victory Sicily 1943 PO version

Post new mods and scenarios here
Custer7

Bitter Victory Sicily 1943 PO version

Post by Custer7 »

I've modified the PbeM version for programmed opponent play. The new naval properties have changed what can be done with invasions. Old house rules are no longer applicable. With defensive naval fire coastal batteries and ship combat is a new aspect. The Allied PO will eventually get ashore in force making it interesting playing the human Axis player. There are PO events for both sides that will activate additional units. The German PO does not follow the house rules. It will attempt air assaults and invasions. They may not be historical, but they are interesting.
Attachments
BitterVic..1943PO.zip
(264.63 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Meyer1

RE: Bitter Victory Sicily 1943 PO version

Post by Meyer1 »

Thank you.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Very grateful for your work.
marion61

Post by marion61 »

I had a couple of questions about your scenario, which btw I really like it.

1. What do the numbers in the screen shot mean? I don't find them mentioned anywhere in the scenario briefing and there's no .doc file to peruse for answers either (not saying it needs a .doc file).

2. When I assault a coastal hex with the Beach Eng. units, will they leave a supply point where the first unit landed at? I looked at all the listed supply points for the allies and they have none on Sicily to start with, but when I took Syracuse the stack had a beach eng. unit in it and left a supply point there (Syracuse wasn't a listed supply point at the start)so I found this out by accident.

3. This isn't really a question, but a suggestion for newer players. You may want to include a little more detailed description of how the assaulting process works in the scenario briefing. I was used to just assaulting the hex like with the Normandy scenarios, and I must have read your briefing 10 times, with a bit of frustration, before it dawned on me to try and disembark the troops on the Eng. unit and then move onto land, and then I wasn't sure how I was going to get supply as there was no mention of them leaving a supply point for the landing troops. I went thru several hours of trial and error to figure this out, and a new player would probably become very frustrated.

Like I said before, I really like this scenario and you've put some work into it. Thanks for making a PO version.[:)]

Attachments
Screenshot..12_11AM.jpg
Screenshot..12_11AM.jpg (48.45 KiB) Viewed 339 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”