[4.0.1.15] Some technical issues

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
JPJ

[4.0.1.15] Some technical issues

Post by JPJ »

EDIT 12/02/2017: Additions where marked "-- Edit --".
Edited in this post to keep same things in the same place.
---

Thank you for making beta [4.0.1.15] public. I noticed several fixes in a short time, great to see developers with so much dedication to this game.
The following issues (still) occur on my pc. Most are minor for me and I know you're aware of most already but I can confirm this for [4.0.1.15]:

1. Crash when scrolling a Full Combat Report that has a scroll bar.
Continues tm.asp?m=4382338

I mentioned two workarounds there: (1) drag and move the window a little bit before scrolling, or (2) open one of the other reports first from the Full Report, then return to the Full Report and scroll. Workaround (2) still works. But after workaround (1), TOAW now in most cases crashes when I close the Full Report; I didn't notice that before.

2. Tooltip texts go off the screen (or off the window) at the right.
Unchanged from tm.asp?m=4382546

3. Tooltip texts for counter values do not reflect the displayed value(s) when toggling advanced counter values.
It seems only two default texts are used ("shows attack and defense", and "shows movement allowance") even if other counters are displayed.
Unchanged from tm.asp?m=4379674

4. Off-center clicking in the Battle Planner looks solved on my screen, but off-center clicking still occurs in the Font Editor.
Unchanged from tm.asp?m=4379916

-- Edit 12/02/2017 --
Off-center clicking in the Battle Planner looks solved when using Windows font (default setting) for text in the Battle Planner but still occurs when using not-Windows font.

5. The mouse cursor sometimes (but not always) is initially displayed as the non-active cursor (B/W cursor) in various menus.
Can lead to issues such as delays and unresponsive buttons.

This has been mentioned in connection with tm.asp?m=4380733&mpage=3&key=
It can occur in virtually all game menus (non-Windows menus) and popups, from the Main Menu to End of Scenario, when the mouse is automatically placed. In addition, it can also happen when I move the mouse manually, for example when hovering over the tab labels (Reports, Map or Unit label) of the Button panel tabs.

I believe this has not been mentioned yet:

6. Enabling/disabling the PO Mode button in the Buttons panel (Reports tab, 3rd button, 4th row) does not simultaneously enable/disable the PO Mode button in the Panels Control panel. (The two PO Modes buttons are linked when I click the one in the Panels panel, but not when I click the one in the Buttons panel.)

-- Edit 12/02/2017 -- Addition:
Hitting F12 and \ do not toggle the PO Mode button.

7. Unexpected behavior: Mouse scrolls map after using some menu items
When I click Help > Help Topics and the pulldown menu closes, the mouse cursor remains at the edge of the screen where the menu item was displayed and starts scrolling the map. Similar when I click View > Scenario Briefing and close the Scenario Briefing window: the mouse button goes to the edge where the pulldown menu item was displayed and starts scrolling the map.

After using a menu, I would expect that the mouse returns to the selected unit, or perhaps to the center of the map (if the selected unit is not visible), not that it returns to where the menu was clicked and starts scrolling.

-- Edit 12/02/2017 -- Addition:
8. The Cancel button does not work in the Select New Game dialog when it is displayed after File > Begin New Game > New Scenario > Open. (The Cancel button in the Select New Game dialog works if this dialog is opened from the Main Menu, but does not work if it is opened as above.)
Unchanged from tm.asp?m=4379870

Thank you for looking into this.
zakblood

RE: [4.0.1.15] Some technical issues

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the post, another one for the developer to look at
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”