Hq change

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

gmtello

Hq change

Post by gmtello »

When u change an air group from independent to an air hq 3 air div for ex and after u want to take the group back to a carrier. Could it become independent again ? and if not will the coordination be affected
btd64

RE: Hq change

Post by btd64 »

You can't change back to Independent. If the units on a CV have different HQ's, then yes it could effect air coordination....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Similar to when you break up your carrier fleet into subflotillas, which I would recommend. I don't worry about it and don't plan to start doing so anytime soon.

HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

I've noticed that squadrons assigned to carriers have their command changed to Independent automatically.

Haven't paid close enough attention to notice how long it takes for this to happen.
Hans

adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

Immediate
Balou

Post by Balou »

ORIGINAL: btd64

You can't change back to Independent. If the units on a CV have different HQ's, then yes it could effect air coordination....GP

What exactly is "Independent" ? It sounds pretty unfamiliar in a (military) setting where everyone has a command somewhere.
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Balou

ORIGINAL: btd64

What exactly is "Independent" ? It sounds pretty unfamiliar in a (military) setting where everyone has a command somewhere.
I suspect it means "Temporarily Assigned" for operations, but the original HQ still owns it for admin purposes like staffing and upgrades.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”