Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Firsttime Pbem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Firsttime Pbem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firsttime Pbem - 11/21/2017 9:25:05 PM   
sIg3b

So this is the first time I try ATG Pbem play. I want to wet my feet with something very simple: That´s why I made this Random New Dawn scenario for 2. Anglos vs. Japanese, Anglos are on the right, move first, Japanese on the left, have one less Raw and one more Oil. Version is 225c. Choose your side and I set it up. Any takers?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Firsttime Pbem - 11/21/2017 9:29:01 PM   
sIg3b

Btw, I don´t know why the file says 76% of the map is mountains, that´s bonkers. Mountains are 10-15% at the most. I tried a couple times until I got a reasonable map.

(in reply to sIg3b)
Post #: 2
RE: Firsttime Pbem - 11/25/2017 10:04:16 AM   
ArmouredLion

Hey brother, I love to do the honors, but I accepted a new game just before you posted. Now I'm maxed out on game space. If you can't find a battle, would you like to team with me in my game and cut your teeth? It's 1938 mod (bombur's random) and maybe you could take a portion of my forces and we could work together? I'm still raw, and many other are better, but I have the gist and can offer some good tips to help you move into taking over a nation for when GD 38 III comes out... it looks mindblowing and a must play. In my opinion, if you like ATG, GD 38, Triumph of the Reich is a big fat cherry on top. Not sweat if it isn't what you're looking for, but it takes awhile to get games sometimes and you could always jump out of this whenever you want. PM if you don't get a battle and want to jump in... it doesn't have to be at the start.

(in reply to sIg3b)
Post #: 3
RE: Firsttime Pbem - 11/27/2017 9:46:19 PM   
sIg3b

Thanks for the invitation, it´s appreciated! I´d like to learn to play Vanilla New Dawn very well first, though, before I jump into Mods/special scenarios.

So, to give this another whirl: Anybody interested in a Small to Medium 2-Player New Dawn random duel?

(in reply to ArmouredLion)
Post #: 4
RE: Firsttime Pbem - 11/28/2017 5:13:48 AM   
ernieschwitz

Man, I'd like to help, but I am sort of busy making a mod/scenario/game for ATG. Modding ATG takes up quite a long time if you are a perfectionist, like I am. However should you become impatient enough, I'd welcome a game at some point. I just cannot promise you daily turns or anything of that matter...

Playing the Basic Game (New Dawn) really well, doesn't always help you when playing a mod/scenario/game made for ATG ... If that is your reasoning for wanting to be better at the vanilla game.

(in reply to sIg3b)
Post #: 5
RE: Firsttime Pbem - 11/29/2017 2:50:02 PM   
sIg3b

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

...if you are a perfectionist, like I am.

Doesn´t that go without saying? I mean the Matrix forum IS the self-help group for us obsessive-compulsive perfectionists, right?

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

Playing the Basic Game (New Dawn) really well, doesn't always help you when playing a mod/scenario/game made for ATG ... If that is your reasoning for wanting to be better at the vanilla game.

Nah, it´s more that I don´t want to confuse myself. If I am not very experienced with the current version of ATG, I wouldn´t be able to fully appreciate the specific differences of a Mod.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 6
RE: Firsttime Pbem - 11/29/2017 2:55:21 PM   
ernieschwitz

Sounds fair enough :) Great to meet another perfectionist :)

(in reply to sIg3b)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Firsttime Pbem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI