Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is this normal?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Is this normal? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is this normal? - 11/19/2017 8:25:45 PM   
Phoenix100

Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? (Complete novice here). I'm trying various desert scenarios and there's a lot of movement to contact, at least in the beginning. I find that I use up all my units movement allowances in the first pulse, or phase, or whatever it's called, then they can't do anything else (they haven't even made contact yet) but I then get perhaps 3 or 4 more pulses/phases which I just have to click through, as no points to do anything. Is that normal? Daft question?
Post #: 1
RE: Is this normal? - 11/19/2017 8:32:00 PM   
Tamas

This is a bit vague, but I assume what's happening is that your Air Assistant (turned on by default) scheduled some airstrikes on things like enemy airfields, and you see the resolution of these, and since they are attacks and get resolved before the end of the 10-round turn, you get back control while it is still your first turn, but of course you can't do anything with your land units, still. Just click through this.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 2
RE: Is this normal? - 11/19/2017 10:01:03 PM   
marion61

Which scenario in particular are you referring to? There are several desert scenarios.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 3
RE: Is this normal? - 11/20/2017 3:40:09 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

I then get perhaps 3 or 4 more pulses/phases which I just have to click through,

In addition to the previous two responses, and to clarify, if you have no combats scheduled, the turn will end. If you have at least one combat scheduled, the turn will advance thru to the next active round.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 4
RE: Is this normal? - 11/20/2017 10:25:18 AM   
Phoenix100

Great. Thanks, guys. I was playing the Crusader scenario and what I see is exactly as described - the air units go in and I get those results, but have no points to do anything wiht the land units. Thanks for the clarification.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Is this normal? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI