Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Call to Arms 1775 Turns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Call to Arms 1775 Turns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Call to Arms 1775 Turns - 11/18/2017 3:12:44 AM   
gbaby

No, not a comment on the counter graphics. Fine as they are for me.

I noticed something odd. The documentation and the on map calender indicate one month per turn. Each turn, a dummy reinforcement is placed on a month of the calendar (love that idea).

What is strange is TOAW IV is advancing it with weekly turns and weekly dates. That means the war is from 1775-1777 where it is designed for 1775-1785, as doc bears out. Even the scenario brief states one month turns.

With weekly turns, I don't get winter turns as spelled out in briefing. Or at least I get them once for many turns?

Also the move rates don't jive with weekly, more like monthly move distances.

Anyway, seems off, was surprised at turn 6 that I'm still in May 1775 when I started in April 1775 and noted weekly advancement. Is this going to cause issues with the events and/or weather? Anyone play this weekly turn version through?

Question: Maybe its fine and will play like a monthly turn and I go by the on map calendar and ignore the date given by the turn indicator? The events and weather will hit on what the on map calendar indicates, not the game turn display?

Come to think of it, this probably should go to the scenario forum and don't bug others.

< Message edited by gbaby -- 11/18/2017 3:25:58 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Call to Arms 1775 Turns - 11/18/2017 3:30:26 AM   
r6kunz

In my experience with similar historic pieces, follow the actual scenario date in the Recent New Report.
Its a workaround that works (I assume here also).
cheers

Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.

(in reply to gbaby)
Post #: 2
RE: Call to Arms 1775 Turns - 11/18/2017 1:02:19 PM   
Raindem

The scenario scale is still in 1 month turns. The calendar doesn't offer a Month setting so just ignore the game's calendar.

I have scaled everything possible (move rates, supply loss, attrition divider, etc) to simulate a month's worth of battle. Hopefully some day the calendar options will be expanded and I won't have to resort to dummy units on a map calendar. BTW, when I fix the icon graphics those dummy units will display the month name.

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to r6kunz)
Post #: 3
RE: Call to Arms 1775 Turns - 11/18/2017 1:11:00 PM   
sPzAbt653

Good News ! Turn Intervals now include: 1 hour, 3 hour, two week, monthly, seasonal, and annual.

(in reply to Raindem)
Post #: 4
RE: Call to Arms 1775 Turns - 11/18/2017 1:12:49 PM   
larryfulkerson

Should I suspend my CSV game and await a change Curt dude?
It's early in the game ( T1 ) and so a restart isn't out
of the question.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
RE: Call to Arms 1775 Turns - 11/18/2017 6:48:54 PM   
Raindem

Wow, I hadn't even noticed that. I feel like a dummy now. The seasonal turn is intriguing because that is what I originally envisioned for Call to Arms. The monthly turn I chose was a compromise since I already had experience simulating that in CSV.

Larry, a restart is probably not necessary. Any changes I make to accomodate the new montly calendar will be designed to make the scenario play as it currently does. But since you've just started, and you probably have a lot going on right now anyway, a restart might be a good idea. I'll let you know when the update is ready.

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 6
RE: Call to Arms 1775 Turns - 11/18/2017 7:50:15 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Uh, those new hex scales & turn intervals are sort of "experimental" for the time being.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Raindem)
Post #: 7
RE: Call to Arms 1775 Turns - 11/18/2017 8:41:36 PM   
gbaby

It really doesn't matter, now that I know the scenario designer has done things on a monthly basis. I just ignore the date, its the counters on the game map canlendar that is important, and its really well done.

I just know winter months play as per documentation, regardless of what the "date" shown by TOAW IV, and that is all that matters. Well, plus the point of enjoying the scenario as it is.

Thanks!

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Call to Arms 1775 Turns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI