World in Flames v02.07.01.00 update

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

SamSlitherine

World in Flames v02.07.01.00 update

Post by SamSlitherine »

Hi everybody!

World in Flames has been updated to version 02.07.01.00!

You can download the update from the Members Area, or clicking on this link

Changes

For NetPlay
(only)

1.Fixed a problem with starting a new Global War game. The problem was with initiating the game so Italy had conquered Ethiopia.

2.Fixed a problem with the USSR claiming the Baltic States. At the same time, made sure that a similar problem would not occur when declaring Vichy France or occupying Vichy France.

Happy Gaming!
juntoalmar

RE: World in Flames v02.07.01.00 update

Post by juntoalmar »

What is the recommended procedure to install the update? Should we:

- update to previous version and then this one
- make a clean install and then this update
- update directly whatever the state of our game is

Thanks!
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: juntoalmar

What is the recommended procedure to install the update? Should we:

- update to previous version and then this one
- make a clean install and then this update
- update directly whatever the state of our game is

Thanks!
#3. The Update program (Check for Update) will make sure all your files are up-to-date.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

My auto update has not worked for MWIF for years, and I know I'm not alone here! [:(]
Richard
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Cataphract88

My auto update has not worked for MWIF for years, and I know I'm not alone here! [:(]
Have you checked with Customer Support? They should be able to figure out what the problem is.

Sorry, but I don't have any control over what happens on the opening splash screen. It is only after you get past that screen do I control the code.
Steve

pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

FWIW, the auto update did not work for me for v02.07.00, but did work for v02.07.01. Maybe something got fixed?
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

I did try the auto-updater before posting, but it still doesn't work, even with the latest patch. For ages I have been updating the game manually from the patches in the member's area.
Richard
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

FWIW, the auto update did not work for me for v02.07.00, but did work for v02.07.01. Maybe something got fixed?

yes - there was a netplay problem in 2.7.0 and Steve quickly fixed that in 2.7.01
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I did try the auto-updater before posting, but it still doesn't work, even with the latest patch. For ages I have been updating the game manually from the patches in the member's area.
Well if it doesn't work anyway, you could try deleting the file in the main directory named "update.dat" and then running it.

There were a lot of problems with update initially but none reported here for ages as it seemed Matrix fixed it.

Another choice (after backing up any saved games you have going) is to re-install version 1.0 and then run update.
Paul
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

yes - there was a netplay problem in 2.7.0 and Steve quickly fixed that in 2.7.01

I thought I was being pretty clear regarding the auto update feature, not the content of the updates. I mentioned it because others may have had a similar experience, and maybe Matrix can track down the issue and resolve it.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

I thought I was being pretty clear regarding the auto update feature, not the content of the updates. I mentioned it because others may have had a similar experience, and maybe Matrix can track down the issue and resolve it.

sorry - misunderstood
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

I usually don't have problems when I update the game via the launch menu, but this time I cannot connect to the server. I had to update via the Members download. From my side, I think that there is a problem with this specific update.
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Same here, check for update did not work. First time, I am trying to use it.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
TrogusP96

Post by TrogusP96 »

Yes. i have not been able to update from the game menu for quite some time or download some patches. Patch 2.7 downloaded from Forum just fine.
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: TrogusP96

Yes. i have not been able to update from the game menu for quite some time or download some patches. Patch 2.7 downloaded from Forum just fine.
Check with the Matrix Help Desk/People. They know a lot about this kind of error - which can occur in any of the games they publish, not just World in Flames.
Steve

Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Steven, playing MWIF through your home's wifi, a bad idea?

I am thinking in the mad except errors that seem to me to come from desinchronization.

------------------------
Self answer: It seems it can or could be a problem, I had a vague remind from previous tests but now I read this:

tm.asp?m=4417838
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

I am thinking in the mad except errors that seem to me to come from desinchronization.

------------------------
Self answer: It seems it can or could be a problem, I had a vague remind from previous tests but now I read this:

tm.asp?m=4417838
I have never had a problem using WIFI. I used it both for my personal use and for my business. I have very good service though and did have "quality of service" features enabled to support using the Internet for my faxing.

You should first talk to your service provider and check into having the "quality of service" feature enabled for your service. It will prevent many of this type of problem.

Dave
Shannon V. OKeets

------------------------

tm.asp?m=4417838
All my testing at home has one of the computers using wifi. But that is to reach a common router for the two computers.
Steve

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

------------------------

tm.asp?m=4417838

AFAIK MWiF Netplay uses UDP (which unlike TCP does not require acks and retrys for no-acks, unless implemented at a higher level) and problems with WIFI can cause lost game messages and a loss of sync.

It may be worth trying a hard wired connection to your router if you can arrange that.
Paul
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Thanks all. The previous time, when I couldn't even end my setup, I was using wifi. I have a pretty wide band, and now I have a new router which allows much more data transfer. However, as I read from Steve long time ago, the game doesn't need a particularly wide band to work, it seems (in my experience and, I see, others') it's more important the quality of the signal.

I had always thought my wifi was ok until it started to give frequent problems some months ago (which makes me think it was not perfect earlier), but now I had the router replaced and everything seemed right. However, I am using Netflix this month (it's an offer, we'll see if we keep it) and there are fairly frequent random delays in the films, it seems due to the WIFI that connects it.

I would be easy to upgrade the wifi bandwidth, with my provider, but this is not the problem, but the quality of the signal, and for this, they don't really have good solutions. I believe I will have to check by myself the "quality of service" feature... Is it an additional service or is it just a parameter in the wifi-router?

I think I will have to make the usually postponed use of the guide wire to see if I can connect the router and the tv where I prefer to play, just in case. I was told the pipe was too full but maybe it's just they were too lazy to do the work inside the wall instead of outside...

Return to “World in Flames”