sPzAbt653

D-Day to the Ruhr 1944-45

Post by sPzAbt653 »

D-Day to the Ruhr, June 1944 - May 1945
Time Scale: Full Day Turns
Map Scale: 5km per hex
Unit Scale: Regiment/Battalion
Turns: 336

Note that there are two versions, one to play as the Allies against Germany, the other to play as Germany against the Allies. Check the top of the Scenario Briefing to make sure you have what you want.

v1.2 [July 2018]
Note that only the [A] version and Briefing Document have changed, all other files are the same as the previous version.
Attachments
D-Day to the Ruhr.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 800 times
sPzAbt653

RE: D-Day to the Ruhr

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Jump Map:

Attachments
DDtRJMP.jpg
DDtRJMP.jpg (198.52 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

Do you have to do anything special with the two map folders in the zip package or just extract them to the same location as the .sce file?
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6

Do you have to do anything special with the two map folders in the zip package or just extract them to the same location as the .sce file?
Check the "install.txt" file in the zip.
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

Found it right after I made the OP. Thanks.
randy44

Post by randy44 »

thanks again!

get to this right after lorraine.

winkr7

RE: D-Day to the Ruhr 1944-45

Post by winkr7 »

Does this work for single player, both sides?

thanks
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Yes. But its not for PBEM, so suck it you few Multi-Players !! [:D]

Edit: Should have mentioned that there are two versions, one for each side. Check the top of the Scenario Briefing to make sure you have what you want.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Hi I'm playing your scenario and I'm wondering if it's a bug or by design one of the Canadian brigades has only 1MP whilst the other 2 brigades have 7 I think, I've checked the equipment list and none of the three have any transport assets as yet any ideas

Thanks Ian
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: sapper32

Hi I'm playing your scenario and I'm wondering if it's a bug or by design one of the Canadian brigades has only 1MP whilst the other 2 brigades have 7 I think, I've checked the equipment list and none of the three have any transport assets as yet any ideas

Thanks Ian
I guess that 'Panzermeyer' or Wittmann shot up all the lorries, Ian ;) Seriously, prolly Stevo forgot to allocate them lorries. Which version of D-DttR?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
marion61

Post by marion61 »

This is from the scenario notes explaining why some allied formations move only 1 hex a turn:

"In playtesting this scenario it was found to be easy to find a gap and exploit it. This would result in completely unhistorical situations where the Allies would breakout within the first 4-5 days of the scenario. It was therefore necessary to implement a restriction to the Allied rate of advance. This is accomplished by giving Allied units limited transport assets and no replacements for these items until after a major port is captured. This results in initially low Allied Movement Allowances, and in some cases units will be reduced to a movement rate of 1 hex after some movement or combat. Seven days after a Major Port is captured (and every seven days after that for eighteen occurances), the Allies will receive Transport Assets in the Replacement pool which will automatically go to units and eventually improve Movement Allowances to normal levels.
In practice, this doesn't have the effect of reducing the Allied force to a robotic advance. There will still be opportunites to exploit initial gaps in the German line (as there were historically). But when part of the your force has a movement allowance of 1, it tends to restrict major exploitations and causes the player to plan a little more. This more reflects the historical situation."
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

There we got the answer and... proven... a jolly good choice by the designer (@Stevo: Never doubted that!).

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

ORIGINAL: marion61

This is from the scenario notes explaining why some allied formations move only 1 hex a turn:

"In playtesting this scenario it was found to be easy to find a gap and exploit it. This would result in completely unhistorical situations where the Allies would breakout within the first 4-5 days of the scenario. It was therefore necessary to implement a restriction to the Allied rate of advance. This is accomplished by giving Allied units limited transport assets and no replacements for these items until after a major port is captured. This results in initially low Allied Movement Allowances, and in some cases units will be reduced to a movement rate of 1 hex after some movement or combat. Seven days after a Major Port is captured (and every seven days after that for eighteen occurances), the Allies will receive Transport Assets in the Replacement pool which will automatically go to units and eventually improve Movement Allowances to normal levels.
In practice, this doesn't have the effect of reducing the Allied force to a robotic advance. There will still be opportunites to exploit initial gaps in the German line (as there were historically). But when part of the your force has a movement allowance of 1, it tends to restrict major exploitations and causes the player to plan a little more. This more reflects the historical situation."
Ok will read the scenario notes again however a permanent movement allowance of 1 is pretty low until I capture Cherbourg while all the other infantry units range between 5 and 7 mp
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

I thought you were playing the Jerries!!! :(

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Klink, Oberst
Not this time that can't be easy fighting a defensive campain for 350 turns
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: sapper32

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Klink, Oberst
Not this time that can't be easy fighting a defensive campain for 350 turns
Aw'roite! :( I am sure you'd crush the lot of 'em at the beaches :D

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
George Patton

Post by George Patton »

I'm encountering problems to install the scenario.
I followed the instructions in the install.txt but the game doesn't appears in the game list
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Did you navigate to the scenario folder where you saved the scenario ? What I mean is, it won't show up in the default Tutorial folder unless that is where you put it.
George Patton

Post by George Patton »

I've checked all the folders and there is no signs of the scenario :(
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: George Patton

I've checked all the folders and there is no signs of the scenario :(
Pat

the scenarios are there; well... they should be in the following folder.

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (146.98 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
My Blog & on Twitter.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”