The Operational Art of War IV has been released!

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Daniele

The Operational Art of War IV has been released!

Post by Daniele »

Operational Art is a thought process that guides conceptual and detailed planning to produce executable plans and orders – from The Operations Process (2012)

The Generals and High Officers have gathered in the War Room for hours. On the large tables and all over the walls maps and military charts are displayed, with thousands of counters of different size and colors covering every theater.

The air is dense, and you can feel the pressure. Suddenly, a voice from a speaker captures everyone’s attention. A few words in code are heard from the speaker. The mother of all Operations has begun.

The wait is over. The Operational Art of War IV, the most anticipated wargame of the year, has been released!

Watch the Tutorials!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4_F4gtuLeI&lis ... FifnDA6Rr-

Play in over 200 scenarios, covering more than 120 years of conflicts depicted in astounding precision.

Fight on land, sea and air, but beware! Understanding how the new Supply System works is vital to keep your troops fighting and marching!

Finally, the new Battlefield Time Stamp feature takes on TOAW's unique way of handling game turn resolution and makes it easier for players to plan ahead!

The Operational Art of War IV is the top-notch military simulation that every wargamer needs! Grab it now!

To celebrate this important milestone We are going to have a two hour stream on our official Twitch Channel, starting at 10 am EST / 3 pm GMT / 4 pm CET!
Curtis Lemay

RE: The Operational Art of War IV has been released!

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Just six years and 10 months since the 3.4 release.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

I hope I don't need a Cryo facility to witness the release of TOAW V. [:D]
The_Drill_SGT

Post by The_Drill_SGT »

So there is no release on Steam.

Does this mean, if we want the game there, we will need to pay for it a second time?
gbaby

Post by gbaby »

No, when available on steam, you can get a steam key from Matrix via your account and apply it to steam and you will see it appear in your library of steam games. It is free.
ralif

Post by ralif »

What is the time frame for getting steam keys please.
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Seeing your rant in other threads the 11 years here seem to have taught you nothing when you're still unwilling to fight a human opponent, you really need to:
because your fixation on a none human opponent is a perversion you have to overcome.

Besides that, who said you can play all scenario against the AI?
Product page clear states:
Players: 1-2
so it's obviously that at least some scenarios need a human opponent no matter how much AI is in the game.

In the end it doesn't matter because one rule applies to every GOOD wargame:
ALL AI IS ONLY GOOD FOR TRAINING, ONCE YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME GET A REAL OPPONENT.
So do some rounds in any scenario vs the AI, no matter if written for AI or not, and after you stopped falling from your pony you can climb onto a real warhorse.
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

Players 1-2 has always meant 1 or 2 Players. How ignorant can you be BigJerk66. Besides, who asked you?
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Hey you came here pissing on my favorite playground, did I or anyone else on this planet ask you to do that?!
Use your brain before you buy something, and don't complain because your neurons aren't firing and you pull out false assumptions out of your rear end.
The rest you can have from Vinnie Jones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafR4lV94fQ
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

Hey Arcehole, your Two Cents aren't even worth that. Btw, who asked you for your f'd up opinion? Do everyone a favor. Go play with your Squirrel Balls. Cretin. lol
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Boys, boys, can't we all just get along? No need for flame wars TOAW IV is out now.
Celebrate, enjoy. Don't worry. Be happy.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Boys, boys, can't we all just get along? No need for flame wars TOAW IV is out now.
Celebrate, enjoy. Don't worry. Be happy.
That didn't happen when they were three or four of us posting [:D]
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

If I want the 'Physical copy with the printed manual', do I order the 'Box Set' ? I have to ask because I made this mistake once before [got a 'box set' thinking it came with the manual]. If not, I don't see the option to get the manual.

I don't have much sympathy for those raging over 'no AI' in some scenarios, it's peoples responsibility to check things out before making purchases. I was burned once before on this with another game, so I do understand how it happens and I learned my lesson. But I do see that the product page advertises 'AI = Yes', and I can see where that is not accurate for all scenarios.
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

If I want the 'Physical copy with the printed manual', do I order the 'Box Set' ? I have to ask because I made this mistake once before [got a 'box set' thinking it came with the manual]. If not, I don't see the option to get the manual.

Yes it's the "Box Set".
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

"Users viewing this forum: Olorin, 22sec, Mijast727, jbaxter1964, XXXCorps, zakblood, sanderz, bjmorgan, gbaby, vtbub, Raptor831, Oberst_Klink, Benedict151, sPzAbt653, JPJ, Der Zeitgeist, Tamas, ralphtrick, maitrebongo, pochepiller, Rayak, joey, Templer, RichG, Barthheart, Roger Neilson 3, berto, Arne Beruldsen, Temple, armonica, thewood1, Lava, Catgh, VPaulus, Lowlaner2012, 76mm, dstone11, elmo3, daveoreno@hotmail.com, karonagames, RussW, alwaysdime, The Plodder, Nekomessiah, Jo van der Pluym, razanon, heinlein, bflm1, IainMcNeil, DesertedFox, fthein, ivanov, ldugmore, Kadota, block30, MajorSylvester, Grim.Reaper, TJD, Qbec, TitaniumTrout, RFalvo69, Vic, kvob, Crossroads, pellejoens, Franciscus, hapshott, E19A, CLEVELAND, BigDuke66, Muso, muzzlehead, Windtalker, Rondor39, Grackle"

This is a pleasant surpise! I haven't seen this many people even in the "War in the Pacific" forum.
The last few months the TOAW forums were desolate. I hope all these people are here to stay [&o]
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

ORIGINAL: ralif

What is the time frame for getting steam keys please.

Was this ever revisited ?

Is a Steam release in the planning for this title ?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”