Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Withdrawal problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Withdrawal problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Withdrawal problem - 11/14/2017 4:18:50 PM   
Kursk1943

I'm playing the Ironman scen as Allied. No. 806 Sqn Fulmar II was scheduled to withdraw May 15 1942. It was based at Akyab and both withdraw and disband group was greyed out. So I transferred it to Chittagong, but next day the same. Then transfer to Calcutta, doesn't work either...It belongs to Eastern Fleet and is understrengh (7 from 12 possible planes). All other withdrawals worked fine, also with understrengh group. Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Withdrawal problem - 11/14/2017 4:32:19 PM   
btd64

Move the unit to Colombo. That should work....GP

Intel i7 3.4GHz,8GB Ram,1920x1080 rez

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DW Series-Beta Tester
TotS-Alpha Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Kursk1943)
Post #: 2
RE: Withdrawal problem - 11/14/2017 8:12:28 PM   
Bullwinkle58

Most common reason is a fragment somewhere. Click on "OOB" button and see.

The Moose

(in reply to Kursk1943)
Post #: 3
RE: Withdrawal problem - 11/14/2017 11:12:23 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kursk1943

I'm playing the Ironman scen as Allied. No. 806 Sqn Fulmar II was scheduled to withdraw May 15 1942. It was based at Akyab and both withdraw and disband group was greyed out. So I transferred it to Chittagong, but next day the same. Then transfer to Calcutta, doesn't work either...It belongs to Eastern Fleet and is understrengh (7 from 12 possible planes). All other withdrawals worked fine, also with understrengh group. Any ideas?

Bullwinkle is probably on the money, but if that turns out not to be the problem, try again at Calcutta next turn. I don't think you can transfer and withdraw in the same turn.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Kursk1943)
Post #: 4
RE: Withdrawal problem - 11/15/2017 2:52:35 AM   
spence

For ships the "where" matters but I believe that the "where" only matters if the air squadron has no supply line.

My money is on the fragment being somewhere on the map. In my PBEM I've disbanded fragments that had gotten left behind in Java (with no hope of repair or resupply) and then withdrawn the parent unit in some random supplied base. Strangely the disbanded fragment pilots and some planes end up in the replacement pool.

< Message edited by spence -- 11/15/2017 2:54:07 AM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Withdrawal problem - 11/15/2017 6:13:57 AM   
Kursk1943

No, neither did I try to transfer and withdraw on the same turn, I always waited till the next day, nor was the unit fragmented. Not until now...I'm in the middle of the process of transferring the unit to Colombo as GP proposed, firstly by train to Madras, then to Colombo. Now I have fragments in Madras, Calcutta and Colombo... Will take some days to recombine. As soon as it will be done I'll report about success/failure of my withdrawal trials...

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 6
RE: Withdrawal problem - 11/15/2017 10:40:42 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kursk1943

No, neither did I try to transfer and withdraw on the same turn, I always waited till the next day, nor was the unit fragmented. Not until now...I'm in the middle of the process of transferring the unit to Colombo as GP proposed, firstly by train to Madras, then to Colombo. Now I have fragments in Madras, Calcutta and Colombo... Will take some days to recombine. As soon as it will be done I'll report about success/failure of my withdrawal trials...

You don't need to re-combine to withdraw the fragments. Do them first and the parent last. Three locations works fine. You can't withdraw while a fragment is on a train, however.

The Moose

(in reply to Kursk1943)
Post #: 7
RE: Withdrawal problem - 11/15/2017 7:04:00 PM   
Kursk1943

So finally I could withdraw the group. Main part at Colombo, fragement at Madras. Thank you all for your advice!

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Withdrawal problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI