Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wing L-band radar

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Wing L-band radar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wing L-band radar - 11/10/2017 6:40:15 AM   
User2

Is it safe to assume that serial Su-35S does not have the subject?

I've read different Russian articles about this plane and have not found a single clue about wing radar. Russian wiki is already rather detailed source of information about Su-35 but again it does not mention the subject.

It seems wing radar talks were started by the Ausairpower article "Assessing the Tikhomirov NIIP L-Band Active Electronically Steered Array". The article is old and I assume there was little info about Su-35 at that time.

Wing L-band radar was revealed at MAKS 2009 air show. It was said that the planes like Su-35 can be fitted with it and PAK-FA would have it.
Su-57 wing radar is confirmed by different sources. It is part of Byelka radar system. However Su-35S wing radar is still not confirmed.
Post #: 1
RE: Wing L-band radar - 11/10/2017 7:23:25 PM   
Filitch

For such questions there is a joke: "Who answers right will be sentenced for a ten years"

(in reply to User2)
Post #: 2
RE: Wing L-band radar - 11/11/2017 6:27:00 AM   
User2

I doubt the presence of that radar is classified. Most likely Su-35S does not have it.
Even the patriotic military channel Zvezda did not say a word about wing radar in their documentary about Su-35S. However Zvezda as a patriotic channel is known to exaggerate things.

Still no one posted a link to any public source to prove that su-35s has that radar. So we can just accept that Su-35S wing L-band radar is a myth and move on.

(in reply to Filitch)
Post #: 3
RE: Wing L-band radar - 11/11/2017 4:39:22 PM   
Scar79

1) It's not RADAR, but AESA of IFF.
2) It's in place on every Su-35.

(in reply to User2)
Post #: 4
RE: Wing L-band radar - 11/11/2017 5:05:03 PM   
User2

Interesting.
Is it the first time Russian designers put IFF in to the wings? Is Su-30SM's Bars system IFF antenna located in the plane's wings too?

Wiki: "The design of the N011M Bars antenna like the earlier N007 antenna consists of two separate electronically controlled arrays, an X band radar and an L band IFF transponder with a total weight of 100 kg and a diameter of 960 mm."

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 5
RE: Wing L-band radar - 11/11/2017 5:16:12 PM   
Scar79

Yes, it's the first time.
No, Bars main antenna consists both.

(in reply to User2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Wing L-band radar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI