Matrix what are you doing

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

goodwoodrw

Matrix what are you doing

Post by goodwoodrw »

This crazy new login system is pissing me off. First i lose my games and I have to login as goodwoodrw and not basb I want my basb login back
Formerly Goodwood

operating

RE: Matrix what are you doing

Post by operating »

Have you gone to your profile to change your password? I assume the password is the users' name that is associated within posts..
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
budd

Post by budd »

There is no option to change your user name on your profile page. Support should be able to help i would think. Luckily all 3 user names with my accounts were variations of budd when they merged.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=79395
A number of users were experiencing issues when logging in since we moved to the Unified Login System. This results from users having different accounts in different parts of the system. We tried to automatically merge these accounts but a number need to be manually resolved and we took a step further to solve this problem.

So now when you login on the Slitherine site, if we detect you have used a different username in another part of the system, you will see a new form that will allow you to do one of these options:
1) merge your multiple usernames to one of your usernames (only possible if there is no conflict with another username in another part of the system) or
2) select a new username to merge everything to.
This will ensure you can login to all parts of our system with a single unified username.

If you suffer this problem (you have multiple usernames and you are not sure which one to use), it is very important that you merge to a single username to remove this problem completely.

Most users are fine and you will not need to do anything but we're hoping this will resolve any login issues for the small number affected. If you have any questions or problems please let us know.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you want to change your username please contact support. It sounds like you had 2 or more accounts and it merged in to the one you didn't want to use instead of the one you did. It gets messy because people used similar but different usernames and password in different places and accidentally create a host of duplicate accounts. We have tens of thousands of them and unravelling it is a bit of a nightmare. However once we do, the changes mean it it should not be possible to happen again so it should gradually fix itself over time and once you have your personal account fixed you should never see an issue again.

Well that's the plan... but plans an computers dont always go well together...
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “General Discussion”