Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using Internet Download Manager

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Using Internet Download Manager Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using Internet Download Manager - 10/20/2017 4:32:56 AM   
theexxman

I made the mistake of reformatting and re-installing Windows without backing up my work. I'm trying to re-download World in Flames and I'm using Internet Download Manager. I put it on pause and when I started it back up it wouldn't connect to the FTP Server. What is wrong with the FTP servers here lately? I keep having trouble downloading. I'm using Chrome and it's a fresh download of Windows 7. I have the Firewall disabled and Anti-Virus disabled. I live in a rural area with only satellite internet and I get around 100kps avg. right now it took me all day to download about 80% of it. I would like to finish it. I'm getting majorly frustrated with Matrix Games on re-downloading games after you pay for them.
Post #: 1
RE: Using Internet Download Manager - 10/20/2017 5:35:25 AM   
zakblood

never had an issue tbh, then again i use a FTP free client, which does auto resume, where as some DM sometimes do and sometimes don't

quote:

a FTP client like Filiezilla ( https://filezilla-project.org/ - you will need the client, not the server version), SmartFTP (http://www.smartftp.com), CuteFTP or BulletproofFTP. These tend to give you the best transfer speeds, reliability and the ability to resume broken file transfers.

(in reply to theexxman)
Post #: 2
RE: Using Internet Download Manager - 10/20/2017 7:48:51 AM   
theexxman

I used Filiezilla and SmartFTP and couldn't get them to connect. I tried Internet Download Manager again and I get FTP server doesn't allow connections. Details: 421 IP Address Blocked as an error.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Using Internet Download Manager - 10/20/2017 8:07:16 AM   
theexxman

It downloaded

(in reply to theexxman)
Post #: 4
RE: Using Internet Download Manager - 10/20/2017 8:46:40 AM   
zakblood

glad your sorted

(in reply to theexxman)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Using Internet Download Manager Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI