Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions - 2/28/2018 2:40:33 PM   
KorutZelva

Scorched Earth on Oil fields

When Axis troops are near Kerch or Rostov, USSR gets offered the decision to sabotage Maikop beyond repair. If agreed at the end of the subsequent Allied turn, if Maikop is still in Allied custody, its production drops to 0 for the rest of the war. It denies the Axis the resource but also potentially impedes the USSR income since it would not be able to get them to work again for them if they recapture it.

Subsequent decision for Grozny and Baku oil field would be offered if the Axis gets close.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 31
RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions - 2/28/2018 7:24:16 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

Scorched Earth on Oil fields

When Axis troops are near Kerch or Rostov, USSR gets offered the decision to sabotage Maikop beyond repair. If agreed at the end of the subsequent Allied turn, if Maikop is still in Allied custody, its production drops to 0 for the rest of the war. It denies the Axis the resource but also potentially impedes the USSR income since it would not be able to get them to work again for them if they recapture it.

Subsequent decision for Grozny and Baku oil field would be offered if the Axis gets close.

This is good, I know Calm Before the Storm used to have this exact decision for Grozny, I'm not sure if the most recent one does or not but it is interesting none the less.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 32
RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions - 3/2/2018 2:29:33 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: OxfordGuy3

quote:

DE 600 – Germany: Should Germany Honor the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact?
Verdict: Modify
Explanation: Essentially a death sentence if you don't. Make it automatic. Maybe keep it as a thing the +2 exp AI does 25% of the time but 0% at other levels.

I have no problem with reducing (or even eliminating) the chance of the AI rejecting it, but it's nice to have as an option for the human player, just in case you want to be crazy and see what will happen if you don't e.g. invading the USSR after Poland

quote:

DE 617 – Germany: Deploy the 7th Luftwaffe Division
Verdict: Drop
Explanation: No one is in that in a hurry to get a half strength unit

My human opponent was in one of my PBEM games, assume he wanted the extra MPPs early on to get more of a jump-start on (naval?) research (he went for Sealion...), he was also very aggressive in the use of both paratroop units in the invasion of France

I've also had opponents do both of these. Admittedly, I don't think that anyone would dishonour the Pact twice but it was an historical option....................

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 33
RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions - 5/24/2018 7:54:04 PM   
LordOfPants

In the 'things there aren't events for' category, there really should be some events that if UK has seized ports from Ireland, Ireland can seize them back if the UK is in bad enough shape. It's kind of silly that the Axis can conquer all of the UK including Northern Ireland, but can't do anything about Allied ships docking in Irish ports. Also maybe a possibility of offering NI to the Irish in exchange for joining the war or a relations boost would make sense.

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 34
RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions - 5/25/2018 10:19:12 AM   
GiveWarAchance

I don't think USSR annexing the Baltics should be automatic. That was a very evil deed and a USSR player might want to be play more good and also not bully Finland. And it would add variety to the eastern front starting positions.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 35
RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions - 5/25/2018 10:34:20 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

I don't think USSR annexing the Baltics should be automatic. That was a very evil deed and a USSR player might want to be play more good and also not bully Finland. And it would add variety to the eastern front starting positions.

You're right. I've done this list a long time ago, I've turned around on a couple of these decisions since.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Nitpicky Korut reviews all Decisions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI